The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

shift kit and manually shifting autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x628x

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2003
Richardson, Texas
i thought i asked this earlier but i guess it didnt work cuz i couldnt find it

what exactly does a shift kit do? ive heard that it lets you manually shift more easily or something, but that was from a dumb@$$ so i wasnt sure if he was right. or does it just shift faster?

also, is it bad to manually shift automatics? ive heard it is and it isnt so im really not sure.

http://www.ecanfix.com/~atdsm/turbohounds/valvebody/vbmods.html
Thats the install for a translab shift kit into a 92 dsm

The kit provides much firmer shifts, which in theory will extend the life of your transmission by elimitating the slipping between shifts. There are several choices of springs for shift firmness - white, pink, red, and black. The red spring seems appropriate for street use and firm shifts, the black spring works well with modified torque convertors, giving very firm shifts. The valve body is very complicated, so do not attempt this procedure unless you are absolutely confident you can do the work yourself. Replacement valve bodies and transmissions are very expensive!

Thats what a translab shift kit does according to that link.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/skit.htm
Another link to install the kit also.

:thumb:

thanks, that page doesnt work too well for me. it goes really slow... and i have cable :rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back