The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Shep Racing DogBox Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got in with John when he brought the first couple sets of these gear-sets over two years ago, and have been running the Dogbox in my daily driven (3250Lb) 10 second 2G for the past two years. Firstly the reason I went with this gear set over some of the others on the market is quality, and some competitors gear-sets have wacky gear ratios not suited to full weight cars. What works on a stripped down race car does not necessarily transfer over to a good product on a heavy street car. First yes the transmission is louder then stock, but shifting and drivability are excellent on the street. I have probably 10,000Km on the car in two years of summer driving and 40+ passes at the track all from the low 11 to low 10 range. I have yet to miss a shift on this gear-set, and shifting is effortless, and without thought. Unlike my old beefed up syncro tranny that shift well when new but the syncros would deteriorate rapidly under repeated track abuse. You do have to shift this tranny fast for it to be smooth but the feeling have having complete confidence in your drive train is priceless in my opinion. The gear ratio's work great for a 2.0L as shown by Johns incredible times on this gear-set, but also work great on a 2.3L setup like I'm running putting you up in the Rpm range when crossing the traps in peak power. I'm completely satisfied both with the gear-set and with John's continued excellent customer service which for a busy guy like him is credit in its self.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back