The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Sheet meal forming tool? Beading pipes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i have the Bead Form tool. i learned about it from RRE about 10 years ago. mine has worked flawlessly since then. thank you RRE and Bead Form!!! IC pipes turn out perfect and it can be used for small sheet metal projects too (throat is a little short for any real sheet metal strengthening...)
also used one at PPE engineering for a couple years to do ALL of their FMIC pipes for 3000gts. my shoulder still aches from that (60 kit run 2 seperate times.. 6 steel pipes per kit with a bead rolled on each end!!!)

another option
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

FREE SHIPPING — Woodward-Fab Bead Roller Kit, Model# WFBR6 | Benders | Northern Tool + Equipment
HF sells something similar

Last edited by a moderator:
I used one like the pic tim3kgt posted that I got from harbor freight years ago. I don't think it was that expensive and it worked great on my aluminum pipes. If you do use a roller like that it will make it a lot easier with 2 people---one to crank it and tighten it and the other the keep the pipe straight as it goes around.

Gixrman if you decide to ever sell it let me know. I want a small one like that and nobody makes them anymore.

I was doing some looking around for bead roller's, killing time really. Woodward Fab offers one that will do 1/8" beads, contacted them about different dies and they said no. There's is just under $300.

I also found this, seems to be more for plumbing, but seems like there are some other options.
Large Tube Beading Tool, 3/4" 1" And Up, Free Shipping
Its a hand held or bench mounted tool. Seems like it could be interesting and only $150. Not sure if having it modified to use on 2.5-3" will increase the price.

Figure I'd share.

I bought the Woodword Fab bead roller from Summit on Ebay for $141.00 shipped. It works perfectly, and came with dies for 2 sizes of beads, dies for flanging, and dies for shearing.

I bought the Woodword Fab bead roller from Summit on Ebay for $141.00 shipped. It works perfectly, and came with dies for 2 sizes of beads, dies for flanging, and dies for shearing.

Would you mind posting pictures? Would like to see the die's and what it can produce.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back