The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

shaving trim and welding hood, comments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91MitsEclipseNT

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2002
clayton_nc
this is a pic from the gallery i pshoped, this is what my car will look like, except it will be either all black or white with a black top, ideas comments?

feel free to post.

josh :talon:

Attachments

• mytalon copy.jpg
    mytalon copy.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 708
damn the doors and sides look awesomeee!!!
is it possible to take off the panel off the 92 eagle talon's and jus leave the bottom piece on the skirt...
so then the door will be flush and nothing will be sticking out?

How do you drive at night with no headlights ?

The headlights will be there, just not in pop up mode, they would shine through the clear housing.By the way, that car is my desktop background, It looks very nice the way you did it though.:thumb:

Rob.

it'll be able to breath, i've moved the vents to the front fender, gives it a nice z3 look, since i can't buy um, i'll make um muuuhhhahahah

:thumb: i'm glad yall like it, when i get done with mine i post LOTS of pic.

btw its gonna be painted white or black w/ the black top, if someone better at photoshop could make a black one and a white one it would be cool.

and who has done it already i wanna see pics of their car.

if ur really handy get the early 90 grand prix headlights fit behind there fine and u can wire into stock wires.. works good and shines threw good also had it on my laser before i bonked her all up LOL

That looks mean as hell. Wonder how bad it'd be to smooth the sides. Nice 2G smoothness on a 1G budget.

i had grand prix lights in mind but im not gonna do the gran prix lights, got a better idea, projector foglights, 2 of them. one for low beam, pointed kinda down, one level and both on for high. that will be bright as hell. plus its cheaper to do than gran prix lights. its easy to shave the sides, weld a plate behide the door handle, glass over it, take the trim off, weld a long plate down it, and glass over it. but i'm gonna use the fiberglass resin withe the fibers in it to do the rear quater and front. its cheaper, faster, and the doors is the only thing that needs to be welded, cuz it gets slamed and stuff.

btw i painted my center peice between my tail lights, like the do on the 2Gs, man....it looks good. also i'm molding the stock bumpers to the car. i may do some cutting on them and make them look different, but i dont know yet

i'll definatly keep pics of the progress posted. i gotta get my car back from the shop before i can start. tranny went out, so i'm puting my turbo tranny on my nonturbo engine....its gonna be slower than before :barf:

josh :talon:

I had the same idea except i was going to use bondo for the hood and the problem i ran into is (correct me if im wrong) how is the hood going to open? I've got a 92 now, so i dont have to worry about the flip lights, but dont the lights stay down when the hood is up?

the parts on the head lights are just covers, you take them off, and weld them too the hood, glass over it. remove popup assembly, add new fabricated head lights. BINGO. NO more fuq'n pop ups. and it look cool.

later

91MitsEclipseNT said:
the parts on the head lights are just covers, you take them off, and weld them too the hood, glass over it. remove popup assembly, add new fabricated head lights. BINGO. NO more fuq'n pop ups. and it look cool.

later

MAN!!!!! THIS SHIT LOOKS SWEET AS.....F*CK!!!! I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT CHANGING MY HOOD INTO THIS, BUT NEVER FOUND ANYONE WHO WILL CARRY DROP ON HOODS. BUT WELDING THAT ON, MAN THAT'S VERY EMPRESSIVE...(MAY TAKE TIME BUT LOOK BADAS...)!! ALSO ADDING THE LIGHT WITH THE MIDDLE LENS.. NICE WHOLE PIECE WITH THE CORNER!!!! EXCELLENT JOB!!! POST UP PICTURES IN THE DARK SO WE ALL CAN SEE LIGHTS IN ACTION. THANKS

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO DO THIS???

If you'd taken the time to read the whole thing, he just photoshopped the picture, it has not been done yet. As for the guys looking for someone who has done this before, go onto DSMtalk.com and look for the moderator named DSMman, he has a white Talon i think, that has no pop-ups.

When you say 'glass' are you talking about Fiber glass? (If so, how do you do it? just put the cloth then resin and sand?)

shaving the trim is easy.. if you want it to be done right ..

1st weld the holes where the trim was attached..
then get your self some duraglass... (alot stronger then bondo or regular body filler
just take your time and fill in the gaps.. im in the process of doing it now..

another way i thought of doing it is to get some sheet metal and welding it over the gap then grinding it down smooth and using some puddy to smooth it all out..

:thumb:

fogs will not work. grand prix lights would work the best. i have the lense that you want to shine through at home split open and it measures just enough for the grand prix lights to fit. if you ask why the fogs wont work its b/c they do not operate on the same wave length. i have been asking about this but not to weld my hood. i have something else planned ;)

hmonghangturbo said:
MAN!!!!! THIS SHIT LOOKS SWEET AS.....F*CK!!!! I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT CHANGING MY HOOD INTO THIS, BUT NEVER FOUND ANYONE WHO WILL CARRY DROP ON HOODS. BUT WELDING THAT ON, MAN THAT'S VERY EMPRESSIVE...(MAY TAKE TIME BUT LOOK BADAS...)!! ALSO ADDING THE LIGHT WITH THE MIDDLE LENS.. NICE WHOLE PIECE WITH THE CORNER!!!! EXCELLENT JOB!!! POST UP PICTURES IN THE DARK SO WE ALL CAN SEE LIGHTS IN ACTION. THANKS

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO DO THIS???

That made my day , I'm LMFAO. It happens though. LOL

11:46 pm just got home from so dont mind me , I just needed/enjoyed that laugh.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back