The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Sharkquest!

4g64Starion

Proven Member
Jan 27, 2019
Denver, Colorado
I fixed it!

So previously the alternator was only putting out around 12 volts no matter the rpm. I played around with F and L wires, but that didn't fix anything. Then I stumbled across a post of a suzuki forum mentioning that the CS 120 alts (Saturn alts) required a ground wire to the ground stud. The Jay Racing kit I had, I assumed would ground the case. So I double checked with my multi-meter, and nope. No continuity from the alt case to the ground wire on the battery! I added a #10 wire between the stud and my star ground at the block and viola, 14+ volts at idle! No more E9 errors on the O2 and the car sounds much better!

It's cold out and I'm having difficulty starting the car, with e85. I read I need to increase the enrichment tables? At least 25%, maybe more. I need to read some more and then try again. Also I need to find a good multi gauge set for oil, temp and boost. Most of the gauges I find are Oil, Temp and Pyrometer, so not exactly ideal.

Unfortunately, during the ignition/timing process the engine tried to run backwards a few times and I damaged a section of the flywheel. I'll need to pull my trans and put a new ring on it. It's a brand new Fidanza aluminum wheel too, sigh...

4g64Starion

Proven Member
Jan 27, 2019
Denver, Colorado
I really should take some more recent pics. It's roughly like the one in my profile, but red instead of black.

Just got some heim-joint tensioners from Amazon today and I plan on using them to support the upper half of the intercooler. Pics tomorrow, weather permitting. I need to get to work on the new battery box/hold down too. It will be part of the same structure I think.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds