1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build Sharkquest!

Vehicle:
1988 Conquest
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. 4g64Starion

4g64Starion Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2019
    Denver, Colorado
    Well it's winter! But progress is being made. Slowly.

I pulled the engine, and after fighting with it for a day, got the trans attached! Dang friction plate wasn't aligned...took a while to figure it out.

IMG_20191116_154311069_HDR[1].jpg

Welded up some of the intercooler pipes, less couplings this way.

IMG_20191103_121900060_HDR[1].jpg

Went ahead and made up some Radiator brackets, as well as overflow tank mounting brackets. So many brackets...

IMG_20191103_134242638_HDR[1].jpg

See the catch can hanging there? There's two, and they're going to plumb into the intake going right above them.

IMG_20191103_154657189_HDR[1].jpg

So the radiator block I built on the back of the head, hits the firewall. I pulled the motor back out, and cut out the cancerous lump on the firewall. It's going to get a little aluminum plate to cover it. Probably going to remove the heater core system as I don't have the computer functional to run it.

I made these brackets, because I don't have the factory lift hooks. I'm pretty proud of how these came out.

IMG_20191117_143414859_HDR[1].jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to work on the patch for the firewall, and hopefully the whole thing will slide in. Finally!

Street Build 367  1

1988 Conquest
    rwd · manual · 4G63t Swapped
  2. 4g64Starion

4g64Starion Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2019
    Denver, Colorado
    Now that the engine and trans are in I had to do some firewall surgery, it's not the greatest, but it will work. I've only got 1/2 inch or so between the back of my water block and the firewall. Plan B will be to get some Montero Mounts that will me move the engine forward 2.5 inches. Of course this would require a new driveshaft.

I made a heat shield for the Alt. And here's what is looks like in place.

IMG_20191122_123139754[1].jpg

IMG_20191123_161628330[1].jpg

But this is all getting moved. As you can see, there's almost no clearance between the Alt and the exhaust! So I got the Jayracing kit on order, and the alt will be moving to the other side. Which means relocating my remote oil filter too of course! The catch cans are now mounted int he nose area, not where you see them now. When more line shows up I'll put up some finished pics of those. Oh and the turbo precludes using the traditional Power steering locations, so it's going roughly where the alt is now.

Just a shot of the interior. there's stuff everywhere!
    IMG_20191123_161637773[1].jpg

Street Build 367  1

1988 Conquest
    rwd · manual · 4G63t Swapped
    Devilsfutbol17 likes this.