The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

shakey engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntalon

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2005
Kincardine, Ontario_Canada
Hey i just put a new 420A Engine in my 2G talon and the engine seems to shake alot ...what would be my problem? mounts/exhaust leak comming out of the mainfold/ or something else?
Thanks NormaN

Did you use the stock rubber mounts, or upgrade to polyurathene. I just upgraded to poly, and I can expect a lil more shaking, but don't know how bad it will be.
If you did you stock motor mounts, maybe you forgot to put an insert back in, or one is just really bad.

P.S. The best way to advoid shakiness, is to just use the poly inserts instead of the whole mount.

BUT, if you don't use the entire mount you are almost wasting your time. Poly mounts are supposed to make the engine stop moving and aid in wheel hop off the line. Shaking is a by product of that.

If you don't do a full replacment, you are not getting the best performance results.

siueclipse said:
BUT, if you don't use the entire mount you are almost wasting your time. Poly mounts are supposed to make the engine stop moving and aid in wheel hop off the line. Shaking is a by product of that.

If you don't do a full replacment, you are not getting the best performance results.

Agreed

Thanks guys I guess ill try changing one at a time since I have 2 of everything (parts car)

Okay just got my car back after rebuilding themotor, and I threw in the polyurethane mounts. DAmn it shakes, but I love it, I just turn the stereo up and jam, well I'm on my way out to I-5 to go break this monster in.
Catch ya'll later.

BigRand said:
Okay just got my car back after rebuilding themotor, and I threw in the polyurethane mounts. DAmn it shakes, but I love it,
Haha. Awesome. You should look into a solid front MM. I bought one of the XtremeRS mounts from a local buddy and I loooove that thing. Shake and bake imo. :rocks:

Also funny, I just got in from an hour's drive to listen to the engine for the first time in almost 5 years. That damn shart cannon was just too loud! :notgood: Hooray for the GST axle-back!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back