The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Several engine codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Went and got my check engine light checked and it came up with these codes can someone help. I’ve attached a picture of the paper they gave me

P0304: cylinder 1,2,3, or 4 misfire
P0204: fuel injector 1,2,3, or 4 control
P0420: catalyst efficiency below normal (bank 1)
P0400: egr system fault

So with that said, I just bought this car last week the guy told me he did and egr bypass and he also said the injectors were evo injectors so maybe those cause those 2 related codes. And I was told the car had no cats also. They recommended that I change the ignition coil what do you guys think? Any help eliminating as many codes as I can will be appreciated

Attachments

• 2D2E7886-DCFC-4B08-97C0-5E90DF61AA0B.jpeg
    2D2E7886-DCFC-4B08-97C0-5E90DF61AA0B.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 49
P0304 is a cylinder 4 misfire.
P0204 is Injector #4 Control Circuit and could be caused by open or shorted injector control circuit, open injector, open MFI supply at injector, or the driver in the PCM failed.
P0420 is a CAT code, so if the previous owner deleted the cat this could be the cause
p0400 is likely related to EGR delete.

The combination of 204 and 304 suggests you're getting a misfire on cylinder 4 because of a fuel related problem. You can check #4 for spark to confirm it's a fuel issue. Then make sure you're getting good signal at the #4 injector and that the injector is firing.

P0304 is a cylinder 4 misfire.
P0204 is Injector #4 Control Circuit and could be caused by open or shorted injector control circuit, open injector, open MFI supply at injector, or the driver in the PCM failed.
P0420 is a CAT code, so if the previous owner deleted the cat this could be the cause
p0400 is likely related to EGR delete.

The combination of 204 and 304 suggests you're getting a misfire on cylinder 4 because of a fuel related problem. You can check #4 for spark to confirm it's a fuel issue. Then make sure you're getting good signal at the #4 injector and that the injector is firing.

Thank you very much for the reply. I’ve checked all wires using my wire tested they all passed so how do I check the injector then?

Thank you very much for the reply. I’ve checked all wires using my wire tested they all passed so how do I check the injector then?

If you've got power from the MFI relay on one wire and signal from the computer on the other, then the injector is probably the fault. To confirm you can swap the injector to another cylinder, reset the computer, and see if it throws a code for the injector at its new location (if you swap it to cylinder 3 you'd get a P0203).

If you've got power from the MFI relay on one wire and signal from the computer on the other, then the injector is probably the fault. To confirm you can swap the injector to another cylinder, reset the computer, and see if it throws a code for the injector at its new location (if you swap it to cylinder 3 you'd get a P0203).

Okay thanks I’ll try that probably tomorrow. If it is the fault do you know where I can find evo injectors? I think the color on these ones is yellow

If I remember correctly, yellows were Evo 1-3 and Galant VR4 510cc injectors. They're ML510 (Mitsubishi Low-impedance 510cc), if memory serves. You can try ebay, or the classifieds on evolutionm.net

Thanks for the info it helps a lot. Hopefully it won’t be too hard to find a new injector

Fuel, sec.13a, 2.0L turbo, 2.4L MFI

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back