The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Setting up RnR Evo manifold for my 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1320eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2003
Spokane, Washington
I picked this ramhorn RnR Evo manifold for $20 which had been setup for a big BW s372 on my buddys 2G. And proceded to try to make it work on my 1G. the turbo sat waaay to low, there wasnt a gravity fed oil return as the return from the turbo was even with the return on the pan. So i took it upon myself to cut some things off and make it work, this is where im at so far.

This was with a tiny T3 that the comp housng was about an inch from hitting the lower cross member. This is how it was when i got it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And I did this with it.

The exhaust is gonna be a little cramped, but not bad at all. What do ya guys think?

I don't understand why you would do this..The j pipe is going to need to fabbed up to work in that little space..

The exhaust will pretty much have to go straight down..So it wont't burn your rubber lines..

Why did you switch it up? You could have ran it just fins how you got it..

I don't understand why you would do this..The j pipe is going to need to fabbed up to work in that little space..

The exhaust will pretty much have to go straight down..So it wont't burn your rubber lines..

Why did you switch it up? You could have ran it just fins how you got it..

Its hard to explain without seeing it before hand, there was a big extension welded into the collector the swung the 372 out away from the block, but by doing so it moved the placemant for the turbo very far down. And also, like i said, that first pic has a super tiny T3 turbo on it and the comp. housing was almost touching the front cross member. To put the bigger turbo on it i got would of meant i would have had to trim the front cross member for the comp. housing to fit...and the alternator would HAVE to be relocated to the rear just to get an open downpipe to fit out the front bumper. Kinda hard to explain.

So I guess you're not planning on running an intake LOL. I feel like there had to be an easier way to make that work but at least you made it happen!

So I guess you're not planning on running an intake LOL. I feel like there had to be an easier way to make that work but at least you made it happen!

Youde be surprised! Evo manifold place the turbo in a completely different position. I know, i could have started off with an actual DSM manifold, but coming from the honda world, i love legit ramhorns. And its a well built manifold that will support alot without cracking. And i dont daily the car so a filter isnt a high concern of mine. Im actualy gonna switch to a half sized radiator and a good fitting FMIC and run a pipe to the turbo with a nice big airhorn mounted in the front bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back