The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

setting analogs for LC-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spic21

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2010
albany, Louisiana
as most know i have 2 analog for LC-1, brown wire that goes to db gauge and is suppose to be set right for wide band. then there is the yellow wire which i have going to ecu 15 pin (egr temp). i read that i need to change this analog to wide band. so i hooked up to output on lc-1 to serial port of laptop and turned ign on to power it, i also put plug in the input(as direction stated). then go to LM programmer but it keeps tellin me to plug in serial port a turn on. but i am plugged in and on. i even check my power and ground, there all good. what am i doing wrong here?

Get the update for the program off of their site.

Does the LC-1 power up properly?

Make sure the terminator plug is in all the way. The same with the other end of the serial cable.

Grab the version I uploaded to here. It is the only one (that I know of) that will work.
innovatelc1orlm1install [ECMTuning - wiki]

the led is light and there is power. plug are tight as well. im downloading new version now. ill let yall now.

new version is doing the same thing.

I'm assuming you have an older computer that actually has a serial port. Does the computer recognize anything when you plug it in?

yes it is an older comp. how can i see if its recognizing it? its not popping anything up. but i do know it works because it does on my logger.

I emailed the innovate tech support last nite about this problem but have yet to get a response. Anyone else have any ideas?

Its XP. I'm having to use my iPhone because net is down at office right now. So I maybe a little slow to answer.

Right click on My Computer > Properties. Click the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager. Then look through there to find the serial port and see if it recognizes when you plug the LC-1 cable in and turn the car to ON. You should see the label beside the port change names if it does.

Right click on My Computer > Properties. Click the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager. Then look through there to find the serial port and see if it recognizes when you plug the LC-1 cable in and turn the car to ON. You should see the label beside the port change names if it does.

will do. i went and grabbed my laptop so i have seen where i need to go. when i get home ill try it and post what happens. in the mean time think i should give them a call? or just wait and see what happens with the port

ok i finally got to talk to someone from innovate motor sport. they told me to try i twist connections to see if it will connect. told them i had made sure they were connected but would try twisting them tonite. then they ask if i knew if my serial port worked, told them i knew it did for my palm, he said that i need to disconnect the active link for plam, that it was most likely the problem. im gonna completely delete all palm software from comp, because i dont use it anyway and try again tonite. he said that about as much as there is to them. so if none of this works i guess ill have to cotact the seller. i will post result later after trying.

Last edited:
Well delete palm software and it worked fine. Program start right up. Going to help a buddy drop a motor in so haven't got to set it yet but looking good so far.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back