The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Setting 2g base timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMkid14

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2001
Clarksville_Indiana
i've tried to search the forums on this but came up with nothing. How do u put a 2g into base timing? I know that base timing is 5 degrees BTDC, but i don't know what connection to ground or what plugs i need to jump. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

You can't adjust the base timing on a 2g like a 1g CAS. To my knowledge the ECU controls everything.

well on the 1g u have to ground a connector to put it in base timing, so i was wondering how do u do it in a 2g so that i can set up my aem. Can i just use the timing at idle as a base timing? i think that is suppose to be 8 degrees BTDC.

I'm not sure what you mean. You can see the base timing on a 2g using a timing light just like a 1g but you can't adjust it. The numbers you see fluctuating on a logger are not the real base timing numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back