The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Seriously need help..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocCitySlayer

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2011
Rochester, New_York
Im completely at a loss with this car... :ohdamn:.
Im still trying to figure out why my car wont just idle smooth. Iv done a BLT and the block held 35psi for as long as I wanted it to with no leaks. I don't have access to a timing light right now but even with the CAS turned as far as itll go and the BISS all the way in and it still wants to idle about 1300-1600rpms, no matter what I do the idle wont stay low. Here a very short idle log I just did. I Just recently moved to Marion, Ny so if anybody lives around me and has any idea whats up or has any parts for sale please pm me. Im almost at the point of giving up and selling this car...

Attachments

• log.2013.05.25-01.elg
    60.4 KB · Views: 43
Im completely at a loss with this car... :ohdamn:.
Im still trying to figure out why my car wont just idle smooth. Iv done a BLT and the block held 35psi for as long as I wanted it to with no leaks. I don't have access to a timing light right now but even with the CAS turned as far as itll go and the BISS all the way in and it still wants to idle about 1300-1600rpms, no matter what I do the idle wont stay low. Here a very short idle log I just did. I Just recently moved to Marion, Ny so if anybody lives around me and has any idea whats up or has any parts for sale please pm me. Im almost at the point of giving up and selling this car...

Somehow enough air is getting past your throttle plate to do this. Have you changed shaft seals recently and maybe put the plate on backwards? Is it stuck open a little bit?

Somehow enough air is getting past your throttle plate to do this. Have you changed shaft seals recently and maybe put the plate on backwards? Is it stuck open a little bit?

I changed the seal last year. I did notice a very little gap around the outside of the plate if I hold it up to the light. I don't see how that little bit of space can let to much air through. Is it possible? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Iv been having issuses since last September or so

Wow you been having issues with this car for awhile. Have you checked all these things? And I mean all the links in this post. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/448002-tuning-ecmlink-v3.html
Throttle bodys love to leak but that not a big as issues as I have seen. Feel free check out throttlebodys.com Pm my1gdsm for great remote tune at a great price. Good look still looks like you got a long journey ahead of you that you have been on.

Wow you been having issues with this car for awhile. Have you checked all these things? And I mean all the links in this post. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/448002-tuning-ecmlink-v3.html
Throttle bodys love to leak but that not a big as issues as I have seen. Feel free check out throttlebodys.com Pm my1gdsm for great remote tune at a great price. Good look still looks like you got a long journey ahead of you that you have been on.

I think Its alittle more then just the tune. :cry:

Dumb question but is your throttle cable linkage adjusted properly? I live like 10 minutes away from Marion if you ever wanted help working on it

Thank you for posting that. I know this sounds like something too simple to have missed but youd b surprised how many people have their throttle cable too tight and it causes really high idle. My first engine i had a "pro" locally come out and put my engine together cause it was in pieces. He could not figure out why the idle was high: turns out it was the cable LOL

Is there a possibility one of the idle up sensors could be the issue? I know they are in the a/c and power steering systems but to what rpm they idle up I am not sure.

You just need go head over toe and go over every little piece and I mean everything all the wires and everything in the engine bay and make sure its good. Replace anything that is ghetto moded lookin that came when you bought the car.

+1 for the throttle cable. When I put in my 2150's I forgot to bolt down the throttle cable to the fuel rail and I was experiencing high idle issues...kicked myself in the ass an hour later after trying to diagnose the problem.

Did you test your ISC sensor?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KibYz21IMA0]DSM ISC motor testing & Replacement - YouTube[/ame]

Did you adjust the set screw on the firewall side of the throttle body? It's a small screw with a jam nut on it. It holds the throttle plate open slightly when you let off the throttle. Maybe try turning that counter clockwise a bit to close the throttle plate a bit more.

Just read your profile, saw you have a 1g TB. Adjust the idle position switch on the throttle body. There should be a jam nut on it. Loosen the jam nut, turn the sensor out a bit and see if the idle drops down.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back