The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

serial number for fp sleeper 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwahl16

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2009
Havertown, Pennsylvania
hey everyone,
I was just wondering if you knew what number is on the housing for a fp sleeper 16g. Is it the same as the big 16gs or does it have its own number?
Thanks a lot,
Jwahl

It will be the same as whatever cover was used to make the turbo. If they cut a Small 16G cover, it will be 05200. If they cut an Evo III, it will be 01470....and so on. Hybrid turbos not made by Mitsubishi will not have their own part number.

HTA68's can be made out of either a standard Big 16G or an Evo III; I'm not sure why FP has chosen the standard Big 16G unless they're getting a great price on them being that the Evo III has a lighter and better-flowing turbine housing from the factory.

Actually, a HTA68 can be made from a Small 16G as well...it would just require machining the center housing and FP probably wants to avoid this step.

ok thanks a lot everyone. I have a big 16g cover and just wanted to clear that question up.

They can make the 68HTA out of the 14b too, I talked to Amber from FP about it the other day. Costs roughly $600. Kind of off topic, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Seems one person will say FP is willing to do HTA68 upgrades to a turbo you supply, others say they aren't willing at all....although the last I heard the cost of the upgrade was literally as much as a new HTA68 because you pay for the rebuild and the upgrade separately.

HTA68's can be made out of either a standard Big 16G or an Evo III; I'm not sure why FP has chosen the standard Big 16G unless they're getting a great price on them being that the Evo III has a lighter and better-flowing turbine housing from the factory.

Actually, a HTA68 can be made from a Small 16G as well...it would just require machining the center housing and FP probably wants to avoid this step.

I was pretty sure that they were not using mitsu exhaust housings on those turbos but some that they were (sourcing) themselves.

That was the TD06SL2 turbos...the HTA68 is nothing more than a factory Big 16G with a larger compressor wheel.

if thats the case justin, then why wasnt the bastard 20g as big of a "deal" like the hta68? :confused: its pretty much the same thing, "big 16g with a bigger comp. wheel." or am i wrong? from my understandings of the "hta68 pics" you shared with us, the exducer on the compressor wheel is all the same 16g-20g. and the 20g inducer is slightly bigger than the hta68.

so back to my original question, whats all this hype with the 68hta? if its been introduced already(sorta/kinda..) in the past with the bastard 20g. unless theres something im missing.. thanks!:)

The HTA68 compressor wheel is longer than a 20G- the blades are thinner, and the blades are deeper due to a much smaller hub area of the wheel. The HTA68 compressor is thus more efficient than a 20G compressor, and the pricing is competitive with other Sleeper 16G / Bastard 20G's sold by other vendors.

ahh ok i see.. but side by side, is there a huge difference in overall performance between the two? i ask, because i have a spare big 16g, that i might just slap a 20g wheel on, machine housing etc.. and rebuild while in their(like ive done in the past, with your great turbo rebuild write-ups ;)) and have a "poor mans hta68" just to see what it can do. haha

ahh ok i see.. but side by side, is there a huge difference in overall performance between the two? i ask, because i have a spare big 16g, that i might just slap a 20g wheel on, machine housing etc.. and rebuild while in their(like ive done in the past, with your great turbo rebuild write-ups ;)) and have a "poor mans hta68" just to see what it can do. haha

td05h 20g's are a great e85 turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back