The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Sensor identification. EGR valve duplicate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snailtrail420

Proven Member
Feb 5, 2022
Halifax, NS_Canada
Hey there. Im doing a full resto mod to my 2g eclipse project i bought here. I dropped the new engine in the bay and plugging in all the sensors. What stumped me is my parts car has 4 wire looms, on the back harness for brake fluid, egr, purge, fuel valves etc. What im wondering. My one i dropped the new engine in has only three wire looms of the harness for sensors.

I will attach a picture of the sensor that shows no wire to connect to it. On google is shows up a vsv sensor.. k5t48282 is the code on the sensor.. i think its for egr? Sitting next to it seems to be another egr valve? I looked at a sensor diagram and didnt see it in the so im stumped right now on that..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its also a 2g 7 bolt engine setup

What year of cars are you dealing with here? Parts car is what model year and receiving car is what model year?

The evaporative emissions purge solenoid moved from the firewall in 1995-1997 models to the driver side of the intake manifold in 1998 and 1999 models.

What year of cars are you dealing with here? Parts car is what model year and receiving car is what model year?

The evaporative emissions purge solenoid moved from the firewall in 1995-1997 models to the driver side of the intake manifold in 1998 and 1999 models.

Ok that must be why.. well the car my parts car is a 1997 gst 4g63 and the one im redoing is a 1999 which was a 4g64 2.4l and then when blew up was being swapped to a 4g63 which then they gave up on. Ill attach you more pictures of the harness end here and what sensors i got. My first 2g so im trying to study the wiring on it..

And i already recieved it with what seems the gst turbo harness installed as it has the injector resistor pack and all other sensors needed etc.. and it still has the original 2.4l fuse box but sensors seemed operational before i pulled engine so all correct there... we will see soon if i have issues with the harness conversion that was done also LOL.

I have these three sensors at the firewall i swapped the 97 intake manifold in with the sensors so maybe the one that is missing the sensor i dont need??. But on the other intake manifold it has a different valve of sorts that doesnt have a plug instead.. im going attach a photo of that.. appreciate your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking switch it to that red valve for now and fix that issue with the mystery sensor for now once I learn more what I will probably delete some of those lines too like EGR etc. First

I believe I discovered my issue here after looking at the sensors and the other intake manifold LOL. The other intake manifold has a different sensor setup, yes one that runs a different routing. I see what you mean now.

Yup, that’s what I’m referring to.
Yes at least the sensor on the harness is long or same length so I'm just swapping that solenoid over, appreciate the response and help, eventually i probably would've figured it out, but you clued me into the issue better LOL..

I was trying to match the harnesses to make sure the 2.4 swapped 2.0l setup was correct

Also while we are at the sensor identifying, is this red valve that's operated without power the same as off my 97 parts car? I was missing the sensor in the 99 and it was this one.

I should have took pictures of where each line went before I disassembled LOL.

Yes im pretty sure its a fuel pressure solenoid it was near the brake fluid res, just to the right of it at drive side car.. the 2.4 swap i got i think was missing that sensor also out the engine bay 100%, and the harness plug was disconnected to nothing when i got it so i plugged the one from the 97 on the harness today.. and i notice the 97 doesnt have that red valve with the hose running into near the mdp/map sensor. on the manifold.. so it must been the 2.4l one im thinking but im unsure?
Fuel pressure solenoid valve, right? It’s the same on all turbo 2Gs.

2G Engine Bay Electrical Connector

If you’re talking about this guy…

It’s a vacuum control valve and was used only on the 4G64 SOHC engine. The 4G63 does not have or use this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back