The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Selling an eclipse with 1 million miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuraDSM

Probationary Member
Apr 10, 2021
Willemstad, Central_America
Hey all,
I am looking to get into DSM cars and someone in my area has been trying to sell me his 98 RS eclipse for a reasonably good price. Here is where the bomb drops : the car has 1,000,000 miles, at least, that’s what the owner says. The thing is, I live on an island in the Caribbean that’s just over 60 kilometers in length. So it’s almost impossible for any car of any age to be able to drive 1 million miles. The odometer says 2,000 miles, which is obviously after it has reset itself. Is this car even worth considering knowing this fact? He says it runs fine and the car sounds great, he can’t give a test drive because of a broken clutch slave cylinder. The body is in good shape and I can’t seem to find any other issues

Well, I believe a car with this mileage is easy to see.

panel, gearshift knob, buttons, engine look etc.

The vehicle needs to please you and you feel confident in the purchase.

good luck!

The odometer says 2,000 miles, which is obviously after it has reset itself.

Then I would guess one of few things has happened to it:
It's got 1002000 original miles on it. Unlikely, unless it was a taxi..
It has 2000 original miles on it. Also unlikely.
It got a new cluster and has 2k since. Maybe.
It got some second hand cluster and had some miles since.
It got opened and the odometer rolled.

I'd lean to one of the last two, but it's a good story.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back