The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Seats: Corbeau vs Cipher

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
My driver's seat broke and I need a replacement asap. I can't decide between Corbeau A4 or Cipher (any model)

I'm a big guy 6 foot 210 lbs. I'd like something that's comfy on long drives. I don't plan to race.

Most importantly, I want sturdy brackets that bolt right in. No modding or cutting required.

Any recommendations or feedback from the DSMtuners would be awesome. Thanks.

The Cipher seats I tried out in my 2g sat higher than stock. I put the stock seats back in. I'm not sure which seats are out there right now that have lower profile brackets. If I were looking to switch seats I'd see if there were swap options from different platforms if I were going to daily drive the car. I loved the Recaros in the 1g for road courses, not so much for daily driving.

I made my own brackets for my recaros just so they would sit lower. I'm 5'7" @ 6' AM seats & brackets your probably gonna be close to the ceiling.

Don't buy cipher. Cheap junk that are a pain to get to fit right. Most AM seats sit too high especially if you're over 5'10".

Thanks for the tip. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get something I can daily drive.

The Cipher seats I tried out in my 2g sat higher than stock. I put the stock seats back in. I'm not sure which seats are out there right now that have lower profile brackets. If I were looking to switch seats I'd see if there were swap options from different platforms if I were going to daily drive the car. I loved the Recaros in the 1g for road courses, not so much for daily driving.

I was thinking of swap option but I want/need the car back on the road ASAP. Is there an easy swap option? I like the 3G Eclipse seats.

Last edited:
Trying to find install pics of Corbeau A4 seats in the 2G. Anyone know anyone who has these in their 2G?

I have a4 in my talon and I am 6.2 and 200lbs and they fit pretty good and still give me about 4 inches of head room roughly. Dont know what brackets and rails are attached to them though.

I have a4 in my talon and I am 6.2 and 200lbs and they fit pretty good and still give me about 4 inches of head room roughly. Dont know what brackets and rails are attached to them though.
Thanks for the feedback. So you don't know if you have custom brackets or the Corbeau brackets?

I loved my corbeau in my 1g before I went to the kirkeys. im 6'2" and 260lbs. id say youd be happier with the corbeaus.

Which Corbeau's did you have? The A4s? I noticed they make them in "wide". Considering that as an option.

Of the two I'd go with Corbeau. I have gone with Sparco in most my cars though. The brackets are spot on and they have many seat options from cheap to expensive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back