The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink SD Start up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i can say that is is running worse now than when i started...

i can say that is is running worse now than when i started...

this wasn't a dig on anybody! just don't know why this thing is being like this. could my coil pack be bad?

hit this button to refresh these to factory. do that to all DA items and load to ECU

Attachments

• Capture121.PNG
    Capture121.PNG
    51.4 KB · Views: 34
Bad coil pack? Yes maybe. We wouldnt really be able to see that and its kinda on you to judge if all cylinders are firing or not. with your wideband readings its hard to judge anything. If you reset all settings to factory, leave your global fuel where it is, and you still cant get it to idle, then load this file and save it to ECU, I put a stock default VE map into your settings file.

Attachments

• settings.2019.10.26-02.ecm
    4.9 KB · Views: 23
yeah, have done everything and still nothing. why was it able to run better with all the stuff was messed up? I would be thrilled to get it to run like it did in this log.

Attachments

• log.2019.10.15-03.elg
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
well it looks like your wideband was working in that log... cycling around 14.7 quite a bit, also the front o2 was working...

Pull your plugs immediately after trying to run it and send good pics. If you have an ignition issue on one cylinder, this might show it.

I have no idea how your car ran before and wont now. I do know the settings in ecmlink were almost all wrong for your car. I dont mean any offense, I am just trying to help here.

How are you verifying fuel pressure? what kind of pressure regulator? upload a video to youtube privately and then share the link so we can read the other possibilities that a log doesn't show easily.

I have no idea how your car ran before and wont now. I do know the settings in ecmlink were almost all wrong for your car. I dont mean any offense, I am just trying to help here.

How are you verifying fuel pressure? what kind of pressure regulator? upload a video to youtube privately and then share the link so we can read the other possibilities that a log doesn't show easily.

No offense taken, trust me. I got the ECU second hand and didn't really know what I was looking at.

I'll send some pics of the plugs. They are very black and almost wet. I'll get a video of the fp. I verified it by turning the pump on in ecmlink then adjust it on the car. I'll take a video and do a walk around and attempt to start it.

Okay so what kind of plugs and what is your gap? You can try burning them clean with a lighter, just hold the flame to them for 10-20 seconds and repeat until they are dry. Since you know it's been trying to run really really rich, you may also have cylinder walls washed down, which doesn't help compression at cold start. Put a cap full of oil down each spark plug hole. Crank it with the fuel pump disabled to move the oil around and hopefully get some on the rings. Then try to start it. With clean plugs and a little boost of compression you might be able to get it to run. If you do, try to maintain it while it warms up.

If it starts, it will smoke! From all the oil. That's okay. It will clear up in a few minutes of driving one it's running right.

But the video could be helpful! Looking forward to hearing it try to run...

Ok, going to upload some videos, lets see how this goes. I'm also including a build list the shop made for me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The plugs I am using are NGK BPR7ES. And i'll be honest, i didn't gap them...

Attachments

• Tyler K 4g63 parts 2-6-2019.xls
    37 KB · Views: 23
  • Tyler K 4g63 parts 2-6-2019.xls
    37 KB · Views: 21
yeah, they aren't pretty. But do you think I need new ones, even after i cleaned them up? It's not a big expense, just curious.

no they wouldnt keep it from running unless there is a crack insulator.

When it tries to fire it sounds rough. Do you have any exhaust leaks? What is the condition of the plug wires? spray them down with water and have someone watch them in the dark while you crank it. if you have any major arcs they should be visible in the dark.

I know your parts are probably brand new. I see they look perfect, but you have to rule this out. be sure to really get the coils wet. Your setup looks very clean! You will figure this out eventually, just keep trying!

Also check compression. When it tries to fire it sounds like one hole isnt hitting at all. really off balance

my neighbors probably think I am trying to start a car in my house right now. The walls are shaking because I turned it up to 11 LOL

The wires are new, but I'll make sure they aren't arcing. I don't think there is an exhaust leak. I'm attaching another video of it when it was actually kind of idling. It sounds loud because I'm just running a down pipe. I can't hear any ticking from an exhaust leak.

Checked for arcing, nothing. Checked for spark, all plugs are sparking... And finally compression... 1-155 2-160 3-160 and the one I am now concerned about... 4-145. Is that I know it's supposed to be close. I just don't want to take it out again . But if I do I do...

I kinda stroked out a bit. Is the 145 going to be a something I should be concerned about?

If they are within 10% of each other I wouldn't worry right now. especially with some fuel washing.

if its got spark, its got compression, its got fuel, that leans me towards wideband is working and it really is super rich. Did you return all the DA tables to stock values?

You can try lowering your VE in the cells where its trying to start and idle by about 15% and try again.

Also with it that rich I wonder if you maybe have an injector issue. How quickly does your fuel pressure drop down after you turn the pump off with link? a stuck open injector can make it bleed down very quickly (but thats not the only thing that can cause that, either)

just grasping at straws man. I am trying.

If they are within 10% of each other I wouldn't worry right now. especially with some fuel washing.

if its got spark, its got compression, its got fuel, that leans me towards wideband is working and it really is super rich. Did you return all the DA tables to stock values?

You can try lowering your VE in the cells where its trying to start and idle by about 15% and try again.

Also with it that rich I wonder if you maybe have an injector issue. How quickly does your fuel pressure drop down after you turn the pump off with link? a stuck open injector can make it bleed down very quickly (but thats not the only thing that can cause that, either)

just grasping at straws man. I am trying.

Man, I really appreciate the help. I dive into it more tomorrow and let you know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back