The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Scrunchy/Squeaky Clutch pedal with VIDEO

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0r1landoDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2010
Long Island, New_York
Hi, Everyone please watch my video and give me some input on my 95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD,thanks! :) additional info include: 15,000 to 20,000 miles on ACT clutch disk and ACT PP and the throwout bearing. less miles on master cyl. ss line, and slave.
the noise is not very audible due car been sitting for a while. i hear the clutch spring in the video but that's not the scrunchy noise which i was speaking of.

LINK BELOW

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I had the same issue for 6+ years, but my squeak was real bad. A long time ago someone suggested wd40 behind the pedal. Tried it, didn't work so I dismissed the suggestion. After years of ignoring it, it finally drove me crazy and I tried the dw40 again. AND IT WORKED!

Get down there, push the pedal in and out while spaying wd40 (with spray straw) behind the pedal and the spring. Spray until it goes away.

Thanks, for the fast reply. i understand what you're saying but would that cause the transmission to feel notchy?

the notchy feeling between shiffting only happens when the scrunchy noise kicks in. also the scrunch/squeaky noise comes and goes. in the morning it's quiet, shifts smooth then after a while the clutch starts to feel scrunchy, then notchy in between shifts...

Ahummm, i think ahumm.. ahummm c2ypt1c might be right ahumm about using ahumm wd-40 ahumm.
Ahumm i think you would of been fine if you turned ahumm the phone the other way and if it was shorter.. ahumm, but yeah ahumm just lubricate ahumm the pedal assembly ahumm ahumm yeah i think your wheel bearing is going out ahumm, let us know ahumm if like ahumm you figure out ahumm what it is good luck.:D

:beatentodeath:= ahumm.

Sorry if I've misinterpreted whats happening, the video was.. long. ;)

Hydraulics can be a tricky thing sometimes. For instance, I have an identical situation on my gf's '00 Honda Civic. It's on my fix it list.
Find the source of the squeak. Is it the master? Is it the slave? Both? Is it the pedal assembly itself?

After that I would go pick up a rebuild kit for the offending cylinder, scuff up the bore a little and throw in the new piston/seal/whathaveyou. It sounds like there is or has been air in the system and it's possible the seals have been damaged from it.

It's likely, at this point, that a perfect bleeding session will not restore quiet operation and that one or more cylinders needs a rebuild. And yes, I know you said they are new... so are the one's on the Civic. :(

Sorry if I've misinterpreted whats happening, the video was.. long. ;)

Hydraulics can be a tricky thing sometimes. For instance, I have an identical situation on my gf's '00 Honda Civic. It's on my fix it list.
Find the source of the squeak. Is it the master? Is it the slave? Both? Is it the pedal assembly itself?

After that I would go pick up a rebuild kit for the offending cylinder, scuff up the bore a little and throw in the new piston/seal/whathaveyou. It sounds like there is or has been air in the system and it's possible the seals have been damaged from it.

It's likely, at this point, that a perfect bleeding session will not restore quiet operation and that one or more cylinders needs a rebuild. And yes, I know you said they are new... so are the one's on the Civic. :(
Thanks for the reply and i agree, i think the master may be bad. here's better shorter video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back