The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Score aurai!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmkauai

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I'm stoked I found a decently shaped 95 gst basically what my gst looked like 12 years ago when I bought it. It was sitting in some guys garage so I stopped by and asked him what was up with the car. He was like well it was running fine but now it idles for a bit then dies and he couldn't figure out what was wrong. So I said wanna sell it, he said sure. Then I said well how much, he said make an offer. So long story short I got the car for $500 bucks, which is sick cause Dsm's are rare on our island. Anyway got a sick parts car now or future drag car not sure which one yet LOL. But for the meantime I'm swapping some parts that are messed up on my gst. It's crazy ### I was thinking like a few weeks ago man it would be nice to have another dsm. And of all people my wife is the one who originally saw it and told me about it. Thanks babe

I got pics of it on the trailer. I'll post one later when I get off work. It has some cosmetic damage on the outside and interior is kind of trashed. There are alot of parts I'm going to use on my ride for sure. Ya one of my buddies has been wanting a 2g for awhile was thinking of fixing it up for him we will see. I'm going to try and get it running tonight see what's what.

No not going to trash it just swap parts. Also my buddy and I are thinking a drag car build. Trust me if I can fix it up with minimal cost on my end I will. But parts are very hard to find and cost a ton to ship to Kauai. So that's another reason I may just sit on it in case my other gst needs something. Here are a few pics first one still on trailer. Next two with both 2g's about to work on getting the one in the garage running and swap some parts onto my dd.

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 157
  • new ride.jpg
    new ride.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
My dd is the one with aftermarket taillights so no swapping I like that look. The one in the garage port is the fixer upper. So far got spark got fuel. But hey would help if the timing marks matched LOL. That definitely probably going to be a big problem. Unless by chance it didn't mess anything up when it jumped. Or maybe the guy tried to change the timing belt and sucks at doing it either way got a little work to do tomorrow to see what really going on. So it might just end up a parts car.

My dd is the one with aftermarket taillights so no swapping I like that look. The one in the garage port is the fixer upper. So far got spark got fuel. But hey would help if the timing marks matched LOL. That definitely probably going to be a big problem. Unless by chance it didn't mess anything up when it jumped. Or maybe the guy tried to change the timing belt and sucks at doing it either way got a little work to do tomorrow to see what really going on. So it might just end up a parts car.

Yea I meant taking the oem lights from the new car and put them in your DD. But hey if you like the altezza's, thats cool I guess. Definitely retime the new car. I wouldn't do too much cranking if it isnt timed correctly.

Update on new gst, got her running again. I got lucky and it was just the timing being off. I even put a new belt on fixed all the little things I saw that last owner did wrong. Then took it for alittle spin everything seems to work o.k. I needed some parts off the car for mine dd so I swapped them, nothing to major just some interior pieces and other stuff that had broken over the years. I plan on pulling this motor and will start building it for yet another spare motor for my dd. But for now it will sit while I get my dd ready for this years race season. shootz

EWwwwwww swap the tail lights from your parts car to your car i dont understand why people like that "look". It doesn't go with the mody at all or the rest of the lights on the car. They just look different and not in a good way but hey thats my 2 cents nice find.

dude, its your car, do as YOU wish with it. if he likes the tails, then let it be. stop busting his balls over it.:rolleyes: by the way, nice find! gotta love white 2g dsm's!:thumb:

Yes thank you I wouldn't want any of my cars to look just like everyone elses. Not that I want to stand out, just love to be my own person with my own taste. And ya I love white Dsm's it's crazy the three fastest Dsm's on my island are all white my friends and mines being two of them. It's just like me telling you get a hard top convertibles suck. Just because I don't like them!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back