The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

School shooting at my old high school today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hahah. We were talking about this thread at home last night.

Now days if you see a kid doing something wrong in a store, all you see the parent do is shake a finger at them and go "No! You can't act like that!"

When I was little, I made 1(one) mistake like that. My 'dad' was in a gas station with me and I ran over to the candy and took something. He told me that I couldn't have it and I remember saying 'no!' and threw the candy at him. He beat my ass to the candy isle to put it back, then back to the counter, made me apologize to the cashier, and then whipped my ass out to the car. NEVER again did I do that shit again.

Can you do that now? Yes. Can someone call DHS on you for doing it? Yes. It's stupid. You can't discipline your kids in public now days without having to worry about some legal suit. Personally, I wouldn't care. My kids acts like a little snot in public then they'll be disciplined.

$20 says that the 'young adults' that do half of this shit also screamed at their parents and got away with retarded shit as a kid.

Hahah. We were talking about this thread at home last night.

Now days if you see a kid doing something wrong in a store, all you see the parent do is shake a finger at them and go "No! You can't act like that!"

When I was little, I made 1(one) mistake like that. My 'dad' was in a gas station with me and I ran over to the candy and took something. He told me that I couldn't have it and I remember saying 'no!' and threw the candy at him. He beat my ass to the candy isle to put it back, then back to the counter, made me apologize to the cashier, and then whipped my ass out to the car. NEVER again did I do that shit again.

Can you do that now? Yes. Can someone call DHS on you for doing it? Yes. It's stupid. You can't discipline your kids in public now days without having to worry about some legal suit. Personally, I wouldn't care. My kids acts like a little snot in public then they'll be disciplined.

$20 says that the 'young adults' that do half of this shit also screamed at their parents and got away with retarded shit as a kid.

It would be a much smaller problem if parents would properly discipline their kids.
I don't have to beat my kids, you just have to pay attention to what they are doing and stop it immediately. I see a lot of parents just let their toddlers run off in walmart. I had to slam on the brakes and almost hit a parked car onetime because a 1 year old walked out into the street. My sister in law is on her phone texting constantly her kid will do something and she'll yell landon, stop that go t...*text text text. Her kid is a brat. I get compliments on how well behaved my kids are from everyone.

I don't believe in abuse. However when things have gotten to the point that you cant MAKE your child do anything they don't want to for fear of going to jail. I see that as a problem. When I was in grade school the SCHOOL PRINCIPAL was allowed to spank students. Now the child's PARENT risks going to jail if they pop their kid in the ass.
Lets see......... If I'm a kid and I KNOW that my parents wont really do anything to me because they are worried they will go to jail for it. I also know that most of the time when I do something illegal or jacked up my parents will get the blame not me. of course a child is going to act however they want. ALL children are selfish by nature. They aren't responsible for anyone or anything but themselves so they don't know how to be unselfish. At least most anyway. If children aren't raised up knowing there are going to be consequences more than being told to go stand in a corner then they will never learn to be aware of how they affect others and therefore they wont really give a damn.
Parents hands have been tied by society in this country for the most part. Then society has the audacity to ask why the world is so screwed up. I'm not saying that parents have no fault in the matter but you also cant blame the whole shit storm on parents either.
This is all just my opinion based off of the differences i see in todays children vs. my generation. The only kids I remember getting into trouble like this in grade school or JR. High were the ones whose parents let them do whatever without any real discipline when they did something seriously jacked up
How can you expect children to rationalize anger or fear? They don't have the mental ability to do so until the mid/late teen years usually. So you take a bunch of angry kids that want to fight(just like kids ALWAYS have) and you tell them no you cant do that its unacceptable that someone might get hurt. Get over it! Kids NEED to be kids. Sometimes they gotta beat the hell out of each other otherwise they will snap and start shooting each other or blowing up schools.

EDIT..... Just like everything else in the world, there are exceptions to EVERY rule. Some turn out bad no matter what and some become saints despite the odds of how or where they were raised.

This is why I believe there should be a license in order to be a parent. I know it will never happen but Ive lived in some rougher areas and Ive seen how kids stray. It usually begins with the parents having a kid when they really didn't want one. Those parents use the school system as a full time babysitter, not caring if the kids learn anything or not. What's worse is when the parents have a kid and engrain the "hustler" or "gangster" mentaility into them and program them into the same pathetic lifestyle.

parents need to start beating their kids again. these kids have no value of what is right from wrong because as children you cant explain it like you can to an adult. quit the "timeout" and give your kid a smack on the a$$.

dont get me wrong dont punch or abuse kids but a stern smack on the a$$ will work wonders

EXACTLY. kids need to know what its like to be told to go in the back yard and get a branch off of a tree and hope its good enough, so the parents dont have to go get one...ha

Damn bro, you went to a FUUUUUCKED up school. That shit sounds crazy, you lucky you graduated without getting shot up, Blown up, and/or Shanked up.....

the school is actually of the highest rated school in SC, and used to be a National Blue Ribbon School. it really is a very nice place and very calm and chill...its known as 1 of the "spoiled brat" schools that gets everything and all the kids there are, well spoiled brats.

all this and my girlfriends parents want to move down there for "A Better Life" doesn't sound so good

LOL there are better places than Myrtle beach..i lived there my entire life, and have moved to the middle of nowhere MN and PA and found it better. But then again, its a place that gets 70 million tourist a year...

What's worse is when the parents have a kid and engrain the "hustler" or "gangster" mentaility into them and program them into the same pathetic lifestyle.

That's rap for you... (not all but most from what I've heard) Videos are even worse!

Biggie's mom was a hardass and religious, and beat his ass when he did wrong, and he wound up a crack dealer. He was smart enough to learn, though, and go on to be successful. Then there are the people like 2pac who never learn and wind up killing and dying, and still running the street game despite success.

For all we know it could be something evolutionary that's happening to humans over time making our brains be more violent in a time-bomb fashion.

Biggie's mom was a hardass and religious, and beat his ass when he did wrong, and he wound up a crack dealer. He was smart enough to learn, though, and go on to be successful. Then there are the people like 2pac who never learn and wind up killing and dying, and still running the street game despite success.

For all we know it could be something evolutionary that's happening to humans over time making our brains be more violent in a time-bomb fashion.

Biggie and 2pack both got shot dead. Not great examples.

The problem is extremism. beating your kids constantly doesn't work.
Letting your kids do whatever the #### they want doesn't work.
You have to adapt your tactics to the individual kid and not go to either extreme.

LOL@ people who think this type of thing is caused by rap or videogames.

People being teased EVERY single day of there lives is why this is happening.

NEGLECT from parents is why this is happening

pressure from society to be who your not is why this is happening

stupid fks who think this is caused by rap or videogames is why this will continue to happen

LOL@ people who think this type of thing is caused by rap or videogames.

I was joking about my first post stating rap as the problem. I AM however blaming rap for the "ganster/hoochie" lifestyle that many adopt in thinking it's "cool".

I'm still trying to figure out the huge chains and pants tied around their lower quads while holding them up with their hands because they are going to fall off...ROFLROFLROFLROFL

People are idiots plain and simple. They only dress that way because they are shown that "lifestlye" of money, drugs, violence

STFU with blaming this shit on rap music, it's your opinion but it's very pathetic...jeez

See above

Also as stated, I think many responses that have been made in this thread are all possible contributing factors into why these happen. Certain aspects of parenting could influence these to happen or it could be because there is no "fear" instilled into the child due to what was said already "the parent will goto jail for anything now"

Biggie and 2pack both got shot dead. Not great examples.

The problem is extremism. beating your kids constantly doesn't work.
Letting your kids do whatever the #### they want doesn't work.
You have to adapt your tactics to the individual kid and not go to either extreme.
they were shot dead because of the rap game, nothing to do on how they grew up.

These idiots who think they're black are part of the problem. This kid I worked with thought he was black because his mom banged black guys. Kids getting teased is part of the problem, but not the problem in itself. The problem is that your parents tell you to not be snitches. No one likes a snitch. Society and psychology tells the kids they should snitch. The kids aren't allowed to defend themselves anymore, and they aren't supposed to snitch, so they let it bottle up with inner conflict on what to do, until it gets bad enough that they shoot other people. I got teased as a kid, and I fought back, and mostly lost, and still got teased. I never snitched on the kids doing the teasing. I was raised somewhat right, as far as discipline goes. Normal people get over it. Long after high school I occasionally see people who made fun of me. Some of them I will talk to and they are cool. They grew up. The popular preppy people have their heads up their asses their whole lives though and make fun of people forever. It mostly comes back to parental neglect. If a parent doesn't see that their kid may be a little psycho, then they aren't doing their part as a parent in taking them to get help, long before they blow up. The kids with real mental problems that never get help are the ones who do shit like shoot up schools, and it doesn't matter about their discipline. The kids doing the teasing are the ones who are spoiled brats without structure in their lives.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back