The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

School shooting at my old high school today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
So today at my old school back in SC, Socastee High, some idiot kid tried shooting the schools Officer...he ended up missing, then getting taken down by the officer.

Then after having the school checked, a bomb was found inside.

What i dont understand...this school uses metal detectors and does searches of everyone who enters the school! 2 years before this, some Mexican students, claiming to be MS13, got sick of people picking on their cars, and ended up bringing in sawed-off shotguns into the school in baseball bat bags. When i was in school there, somebody drove a stolen car through the front glass wall and into the school (which was actually pretty badass, LOL)

Last year at Carolina Forest High (in Myrtle Beach, where i went for middle school) a student stabbed another school officer, and ended up getting shot and killed in the struggle. Back in 2006, a 26 year old was dating an 18 year old student at the same school, and murdered her in clear daylight in the parking lot with a crowd watching, stabbed her some 20 times.

It seems like this is becoming more and more common now in school...What the hell are these kids coming to?! What a shame...

I'd like to know how the hell kids are getting guns so easily. These parents need to step up and watch their goddamn kids.

It isn't 'Kids' that are becoming idiots. It's the people around them and those who raise them that aren't taking a firm grip on them and making sure that they understand the cause and effect of things around them when they are more mature.

Then again, you can be the perfect parent and your kid can be a complete idiot. To each their own and there's nothing you can do to help someone who isn't seeking to be helped. As stated above, one of them was a 26 year old? It's humans in general. People are just losing their grip on reality and becoming more primal every day. Idiots - We call them.

And this, boys, is why everyone should be taught to shoot to kill, and take the warning stickers off of every day products and allow the issue to solve itself.

I think its more where you live. We didnt have a police officer or a metal detector at my school, but we did have a JROTC Rifle team. A .22 may not seem like it will do much damage but when you 12 or so expert shooters with scopes, really do you want to take your chances?

My senior year though, they started arresting kids who got in fights and having charges filled against them. Like seriously? WTF Kids are gonna fight.

Im glad its very safe where I live, that is unheard of up here at any highschool. I personally have never in my life seen a firearm.

"It can't happen here."

Infamous last words friend.

Oh, it very well could, theres the odd shootings here. I do live about 45minutes from Toronto, and certain area's in the greater toronto area are not very pleasant, especially after dark.

It just isn't 'frequent', and I think one of the reason is because of the legality issues with owning a firearm in Ontario.

The only place I've ever had to go though a metal detector was at the court house, and in the airports. I couldn't imagine going to a school that required them.

I went to highschool in Wasilla Alaska and if you were to walk through the parking lot and peer through truck windows you would see a gun or at least some ammo in every other truck. It was still illegal but I guess since i grew up where hunting was a really big activity it wasn't such a big deal. My school didn't have officers or metal detectors either.

I blame Vtec and DOOM :p

Seriously, I don't understand what's going on either. It's most likely all the gang banger rap that's out now talking about drugs, sex, money and killing cops.

Never heard of this stuff when I was younger and columbine was the only thing that happened when I was in school.

well Socastee was a good school...it was a blue ribbon school for a few years, and the class of 2006 (my class, wooo!) ranked in the top 3% of the country for testing crap...the worst thing we had going on was chick fights...LOL

parents need to start beating their kids again. these kids have no value of what is right from wrong because as children you cant explain it like you can to an adult. quit the "timeout" and give your kid a smack on the a$$.

dont get me wrong dont punch or abuse kids but a stern smack on the a$$ will work wonders

I went to highschool in Wasilla Alaska and if you were to walk through the parking lot and peer through truck windows you would see a gun or at least some ammo in every other truck. It was still illegal but I guess since i grew up where hunting was a really big activity it wasn't such a big deal. My school didn't have officers or metal detectors either.

There is a certain person from there that could use a bullet or 2 to the head.;)

parents need to start beating their kids again. these kids have no value of what is right from wrong because as children you cant explain it like you can to an adult. quit the "timeout" and give your kid a smack on the a$$.

dont get me wrong dont punch or abuse kids but a stern smack on the a$$ will work wonders

You hit the nail on the head. Kids have no fears anymore because when they do something wrong they try to blame it on someone else teasing them or something. Which is kind of true. You can't fight anyone anymore and then shake hands and have a beer. You go to jail and get fined. People get in trouble for venting anymore, so they bottle it up until they blow.

Thats understanding, because there's alot grizzly's live up there.

Im glad its very safe where I live, that is unheard of up here at any highschool. I personally have never in my life seen a firearm.

Canada is know for outdoor activities. Like moose and elk hunting.

Damn bro, you went to a FUUUUUCKED up school. That shit sounds crazy, you lucky you graduated without getting shot up, Blown up, and/or Shanked up..... I agree its all on the parents. Some parents just don't care. I don't think that its got to do with rap. I listen to a lot of rap, i never went to school with a sawed off shooty in a baseball bag, or crashed a stole car through the front of the building.

...I listen to a lot of rap, i never went to school with a sawed off shooty in a baseball bag...

LOL I would hope not as you wouldn't be typing on this forum otherwise.

Everyone has their own opinions on why this stuff happens. Video games, music, tv/movies, parenting, etc.

I still think that musical lyrics along with secif lifestyles, outside influences, and electro-chemical impulses in the head are what CAN cause it t happen. I'm sure certain parenting styles could affect it as well.

Overall as what has been seen in the past, kids are normal in everyday and then they shoot up a school or something out of the blue. Why it happens I don't know, maybe it's stress, maybe they want attention, or something could have suddenly shorted out in their mind to go and cause this act of violence.

all this and my girlfriends parents want to move down there for "A Better Life" doesn't sound so good

man i feel safe compared to some of the stories you guys are telling. Englewood, NJ (Dwight Morrow HS) was the worst i went to. and it only had 2 police people at the front doors. now im a senior in Mahwah, NJ and the school could care less about guns and everything. there is no police nor any metal detectors around the school.

There is not one single thing/person to blame. It's just how it is today, society as a whole is to be blamed. School shootings have been happening even before Columbine but the media didn't have the tools/technology to broadcast everything and violence wasn't the main focus of the media at that time. Murders have actually gone down since the 90's.

Try living in cali. I hate not being able to walk the streets without someone hitting me up for the colors I'm wearing. Just not to long ago when I was picking my brother from school there was a group of like 10 kids well they don't like my brother so they ran up to my car trying to pull him out so I just punched it and almost hit one kid and this was in a school parking lot

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back