The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

SCCA Event 7/21

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
Hey Guys,

1) I graduated and I'm back in the bay area....

2) LETS RACE!

Basically there is an autocross with the SCCA on the 21st of this month. Here are the details:

San Francisco Region SCCA - Solo/Autocross Events

I've only been to these with SAE so I never had to pay, but I'm pretty sure its around 25 bucks for a 1 year membership and 15 dollars per driver or something. I'm also pretty sure its free to spectate too. Basically, this is cheap, close to everybody, and there is absolutely no excuse why my 92 ALL STOCK BLOWN TURBO Plymouth laser should be the fastest Mitsubishi there. Someone with a fast car needs to go ahead and represent for us. I'll be holding up the bottom times with my shot tranny and sponge like suspension.

Any takers?

I would love to come but the engine is currently pulled and waiting on a custom exhaust manifold to bolt the new turbo setup on. I will def come if there are more in the future! good luck!

Welcome back to the Bay area, Brian!
I'm already scheduled to attend the next Time Attack session at Buttonwillow that weekend, sorry!

dang Dave which car? It's always frustrated me how much cheaper/more often the Porsche guys have track days. Take videos

Last edited:
dang Dave which car? It's always frustrated me how much cheaper/often the Porsche guys have track days. Take videos

Oh I'm not driving. I'm on the crew to support our sponsored driver.
I haven't taken my 944 out to the track yet, I'm too afraid of breaking something! :)

google maps says its a 14 mile tow from Oakland to FFTEC. Also, you never have to worry about transmission problems since 99% of SCCA tracks are second gear tracks.

I'll make sure I get you to an event dave.

heheh, yeah I really should go to one of these events. They're usually on the weekends, right?

Guys,... your breaking my balls....

I won a couple awards today at autocross:

1. Fastest DSM award (really, none of you guys wanted to beat me out there?)

2. Most suspension travel award (I'M ON A BOAT!!!!)

3. Most confusion over what I'm driving (well it says Plymouth blazer but that's not a blazer,.... is it a Pontiac sunfire? maybe its a Mitsubishi of some type... oh no I'm being told it is in fact a BLAZER)

and last, the honorary "Brave enough to show up in a 500 dollar 22 year old car that's completely stock and race it hard and drive it home" award. I did bring quite a few tools though in good faith something DSM would happen, but it isn't even leaking!

Jacob has some pictures I believe, I was volunteering during his runs so I wasn't allowed to take pictures but there should be some online.

Results have yet to be posted but I ran a 48, while the fastest times I saw were 37's. The course was made by a corvette owner so it was basically a test of your car's ability to have horsepower, and thus I beat a mini clubman and a fiat 500 to my knowledge.

Also 500 tread wear tire.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

http://markm.zenfolio.com/p2475192/h61d02589#h61d02589
The suspension travel is killing me!

unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of Jacob's car in there. I guess the ridiculous suspension travel was a photo magnet on my car

Last edited:
Results are in!

2013 Championship Round 7 Results SCCA San Francisco Region

My indexed time would have been 39.482 if I had entered into the correct class

I was faster than:

93 mr2t
05 maxima
"STi"
"EVO"
12 fiat 500
01 Subaru 2.5rs
02 Lexus is300 (two drivers failed to beat me hahaha)
13 clubman s
99 miata
08 Jetta
02 wrx
04 mr2 spyder

Makes me feel better knowing I was faster than more than a fiat, although 211st out of 223 isn't great....

Either way it sure was fun. I would have gone a lot faster with working shocks or stiffer springs.

Yo Brian!
I have a pair of KYB GR2 rear shocks that fit FWD. Want them? They're not worth much, I just haven't thrown them away yet.

there is absolutely no excuse why my 92 ALL STOCK BLOWN TURBO Plymouth laser should be the fastest Mitsubishi there.

Any takers?

:tease:Funny. Those EVOs are pretty quick aren't they? And so are most S2000s, Miatas, Vettes, Minis, MR2s, puny Civics that are well prepped, Lotus Elises, etc etc.

Yo Brian!
I have a pair of KYB GR2 rear shocks that fit FWD. Want them? They're not worth much, I just haven't thrown them away yet.

why couldn't they be fronts..... I ironically have a set of fwd rear kyb agx shocks with awd tein lowering springs. I'm not too keen on putting fwd rear shocks on an awd car since I think the extra weight will blow the shocks pretty fast.

What class are you in or are suppose to be in?

DS, which is complete bullshit since Jacob was classed FS even though his car has twice the power, AND rolled less than mine.

:tease:Funny. Those EVOs are pretty quick aren't they? And so are most S2000s, Miatas, Vettes, Minis, MR2s, puny Civics that are well prepped, Lotus Elises, etc etc.

Ok Ok, so I should have said 90's Mitsubishi. You know what I was trying to say. Plus I did go faster than 1 evo. He was,.... a she.... but STILL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back