The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Scatter Shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90GSX17

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2005
Raleigh, North_Carolina
Does anyone know where I can find a flywheel scatter shield, I've gone to a couple of auto stores, and most don't have it in stock, i'm thinking it's gonna end up being a dealer only part! If anyone has one, I need one for my 93 Talon TSI AWD.

well i'm not a guru on trannies, but is a scatter shield the same as a flex plate, because the plate behind the flywheel that cracked looks different than that scatter plate in the link.

90GSX17 said:
well i'm not a guru on trannies, but is a scatter shield the same as a flex plate, because the plate behind the flywheel that cracked looks different than that scatter plate in the link.

Well the scattershield is a piece of metal that bolts on the outside of the bellhousing. If what you need is inside the bellhousing you do not need a scattershield. To help you out we will need a better description of what is broken.

I actually just re-read your post againand it soumds like you need the inspection cover for the bottom of the transmission. Are you talking about the piece of metal that bolts to bottom of transmission between the trans and the block?

I actually just re-read your post againand it soumds like you need the inspection cover for the bottom of the transmission. Are you talking about the piece of metal that bolts to bottom of transmission between the trans and the block?

yeah i'm talking about that piece, like once you remove the clutch and disc, then you see the flywheel, then take the bolts off the flywheel, take the flywheel off and the plate is held on by a couple of bolts, which whoever put it back on the car didn't put all of them back on and caused it to crack! I'll try to get pics soon, to better understand.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back