The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Scans of 2g turbo gauge faces?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2002
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Does anybody know where I can find some scans of the 2g turbo gauge faces? Im sure somebody out there has them from a home-made gauge face project.

gauge faces are like 30 bucks on ebay. why would you wanna make them?

Guedo, not everyone wants the same #### everyone else has.

TOTalon, I haven't seen any scans myself, but I remember seeing on a board somewhere that someone scanned gauges for their car and was making all kinds of stuff, so it can't be that hard. I'd scan them for you if my scanner still worked, but check out blackcatcustom.com, I think they do custom work upon request.

are you talking about just stock gauges???

well heres mine if thats what your asking for

Attachments

• im001488r.jpg
    im001488r.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 268
Actually what Im looking for is scans of just the gauge faces, removed from the cluster, like this:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have scans of the speedo and the tach because they are easy to remove, but the two smaller gauges are a pain in the ass with having to warm up the car first, and Im not sure if the small needles just pop off like the big ones. Also for 1g turbo instructions it says not to remove the oil pressure gauge, I dont know if the same holds true for the 2g one. It would just be much easier if I could borrow the scans of those two small gauges from someone else. Here are is my new design for the speedo and tach is anyone is interested, simple and clean:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There was someone at DSMtalk that made his own guages and was going to make them for people for money. I didn't really like the guages he made though...flames and spiril colors....

If anyone could get me a Full Set of HIGH RESOLUTION guages for the 1G and 2G Eclipse's I could make White faced and Black Faced guages that would blow your mind!
Picture:

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 273
You do realize you have to pull the needles off anyways to install real guage's? All you realy have to do if I'm correct is on the small guages, Take a picture, make a map, do anything to know exactly where the needles were. I don't know if the Mitsubishi's are the same as the 3rd Gen Honda Accords but I don't think they will move unless you move them out of place.

Do you still have the guage scans to that '01 Eclipse? This girl I'm about to start dating owns a '02 Eclipse GT and I would like to design her a set.

Its not more expencive, its a hell of alot cheaper! I have been making Indiglow's for over a year now. I thought those guages made for that Ford were like the sweetest ones ever designed! I mean they weren't designed realy unlike the ones I have been working on and helping my friend with, but they are still sweet how they light up at night.

Originally posted by InfiniteGSX
Its not more expencive, its a hell of alot cheaper! I have been making Indiglow's for over a year now. I thought those guages made for that Ford were like the sweetest ones ever designed! I mean they weren't designed realy unlike the ones I have been working on and helping my friend with, but they are still sweet how they light up at night.

Maybe you could fill us in on how they are cheaper. It looks like from that link that Scorpion gave its about $100 just for an electroluminescent sheet. I would love to try to make some indiglo gauges but not if its that expensive.

A few things to consider about gauges...

1. Those ford gauges look spotty because on normal stock gauges there is a layer of material called a difuser that makes the light from the bulbs spreed out evenly across the entire gauge. When you make then out of paper with out this layer all you get is the direct light from the bulbs and hece it is darker in spots that don't have bulbs right behind.

2.Indiglo is expensive. But if you buy a sheet of it, you can do everything in the same color, the gauges, the hvac controls and anything else you want to do. In my 2001 eclipse I had the gauges, the clock, the hvac, and the emblem on the back of the car all blue from one sheet of indiglo. If you had the desire, all your aftermarket gauges could be the same as you dash...and not is the same worn out blue/green that everyone and there honda has.

Not to mention the fact that working with indiglo is easier IMO.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back