The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Scale model builders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Like Mech Addict said, I used to do them all the time as a kid. I had tons of different ones all across my room.

Now a day’s I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it... plus I’m pretty sure my wife would just make fun of me pretty hard for it. Maybe I can get my daughter into it when she gets older.
You can challenge your wife to try an easy one. And I'll bet she won't rib you about it again. Lol.

Looks sweet. You obviously have some skills. Building clean and precise takes some practice. I have around 800 unbuilt kits and about 65 built kits. Since Cov19 I started building again out of boredom.
I dont follow the color scheme thats for sure. I always like to mix it up to suit my vision even if its a bit weird LOL
I decided to try and do some extra work and file all the raised edged and cutoff pips and it helps make it a nicer finish. Just takes alot longer but slowly and steadily coming together

Do you guys ever look at Scale Auto Enthusiast online. They have a lot of cool stuff there.

Im currently building 2 cars, one is an R34 gtr because i cannot afford a real one LOL.

The other is a german car! (If you know me then this dont make sense) I hate german cars but.... Racecars are acceptable to some extent. So this is an audi DTM race car and i love the aero these cars have as it works so well and gives me lots of inspirstion so figured i would build one.

I dont have a huge collection of paints as its not something i got into so last week i had to order a bunch of paints from online to help with adding some color. I used some regular car paints along with model paints and its decent. Im not the best painter but is at least is not all 1 color LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I remember doing an old 80's Trans Am car when I was a kid, was so cool. I have a couple JGTC kits (A80 Supra and R34 Skyline) that I will build at some point... I started converting the Supra to a widebody street car and now regret doing that, but oh well. Used bondo to smooth out the body work, etc.

Do you guys ever look at Scale Auto Enthusiast online. They have a lot of cool stuff there.
Yup. Fun to see some of the detail people are able to put into these builds. I'd like to build a 50 Chevy 3100 pickup with an LS swap (from another partial kit I have) and make the paint have a patina look to it. Not sure it will come out the way I'm envisioning, but it'll be fun to try. I also have an old Ford F100 that I'll try do build with a Coyote motor swap.

For the Eclipse, I'll keep working on it, but I need some parts to build it the way I want. And I don't want to just throw it together as is, so we'll see.

Last edited:
Oh boy,
Ive never torn into a tranny, but I had a friend that did. He tore up a synchro and had to replace it. He got it back together and it worked. Lol. I was impressed.

Yup. Fun to see some of the detail people are able to put into these builds. I'd like to build a 50 Chevy 3100 pickup with an LS swap (from another partial kit I have) and make the paint have a patina look to it. Not sure it will come out the way I'm envisioning, but it'll be fun to try. I also have an old Ford F100 that I'll try do build with a Coyote motor swap.

For the Eclipse, I'll keep working on it, but I need some parts to build it the way I want. And I don't want to just throw it together as is, so we'll see.
Check out shapeways.com . They have everything in 3D printed stuff. Pretty cool site. Every scale the there is.

Im currently building 2 cars, one is an R34 gtr because i cannot afford a real one LOL.

The other is a german car! (If you know me then this dont make sense) I hate german cars but.... Racecars are acceptable to some extent. So this is an audi DTM race car and i love the aero these cars have as it works so well and gives me lots of inspirstion so figured i would build one.

I dont have a huge collection of paints as its not something i got into so last week i had to order a bunch of paints from online to help with adding some color. I used some regular car paints along with model paints and its decent. Im not the best painter but is at least is not all 1 color LOL

I bought this kit because I liked the rims. Lol. Its a curbside. No engine. I foiled the edge of the rim with limited success.

Attachments

• 15859458555932626301606354815656.jpg
    15859458555932626301606354815656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 15859459511593377910569797023987.jpg
    15859459511593377910569797023987.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
I bought this kit because I liked the rims. Lol. Its a curbside. No engine. I foiled the edge of the rim with limited success.
Thats a nice kit. Mines not this one and rsther more basic. But the best ones are the ones with aftermarket parts on the cars.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have sent you that link. Lol. I had to quit looking at it too. I think I was beginning to turn to stone. If you know what I mean. Lol. You may find a better price in there if you keep looking. Its packed with all different offerings.

I have my daily driver and my project on my desk. LOL
Which one is your daily driver? There both sweet.

Wow. You were serious. I thought you were talking about your models. Thats sweet.

Here are a few of mine, I want an eclipse model just wish they had the same stock spoiler mine has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got about 65 built kits and close to 800 still in the box. Lol. Obviously, Ill never get them all built.

I love to build model cars... Here is one I have been working on since 1990... I started with the Big Red T-Bucket... The rims are actually die cast yoyo`s pieced into the original wheel .. The tires are real rubber from a remote controlled car I had. Cant remember what model I got the engine from ... I replicated a buddy of mine`s T-bucket ... One last thing to do .. find an airbrush artiste to do the paint.. As you can see I suck at paint... I swear this is not photo shopped .. The second pic is actually the real thing..
I have been searching the net for a 3G Mitsubishi Eclipse SGT Die Cast .. the one from 2 Fast 2 Furious that Roman Pierce drove...I see them come up once in awhile with a hefty price tag $200. to $300. bucks.. If by chance you see one let me know ...

I like them both. You got skills. Ive kinda slowed down on building kits. I have about 700 or 800 kits that are unbuilt. I planned to sell some of them and build some. Ive built about 60 over the years. Hopefully they will become more valuable as time goes by. Seems destined to become a dying hobby. They require a lot of time and effort. So is that T bucket 1/8 SCALE?

I like them both. You got skills. Ive kinda slowed down on building kits. I have about 700 or 800 kits that are unbuilt. I planned to sell some of them and build some. Ive built about 60 over the years. Hopefully they will become more valuable as time goes by. Seems destined to become a dying hobby. They require a lot of time and effort. So is that T bucket 1/8 SCALE?
800 kits... damn, that must take up a TON of space. What types do you have? Maybe I can help you thin out that stash. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back