The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Scale model builders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
I have a 1/24 scale 2g Eclipse kit I started many years ago that I might have to start working on again. I was looking through Amazon for another one but couldn't find any DSMs... though I did find some Evos and even an old Galant GTO kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Hasegawa-Mitsubishi-Historic-Plastic-Model/dp/B07ZL4YYK8/

This Evo V is pretty cool:
https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-300024213-24-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution/dp/B000LFWJY4/

Would love this Evo 3 but it's a little pricey:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJ5NJT2/

Here's the one I have:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I had started fabricating a stock-looking front bumper.

Anyone else working on any scale models?

Here are some turbos that I 3D printed LOL. If i had a model of the 4g63 I could print the pieces in all different colors and assemble.

Attachments

• 20190801_202019.jpg
    20190801_202019.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • 20190731_221858.jpg
    20190731_221858.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • 20190731_221854.jpg
    20190731_221854.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • 20190731_221848.jpg
    20190731_221848.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
3D printing is a pretty fun and cheap hobby. I highly recommend getting a diy kit and learning how to make it print better through modifications and tuning/tweaking. It is addictive... before you know it you will have a print server setup and you will be checking on prints via live stream using your phone at work.

Go a step further, and you can use a romer scanner to scan whatever bumper you want. Then scaling it would be easy. Print it, throw some filler on and prime/paint it!

3D printing is a pretty fun and cheap hobby. I highly recommend getting a diy kit and learning how to make it print better through modifications and tuning/tweaking. It is addictive... before you know it you will have a print server setup and you will be checking on prints via live stream using your phone at work.

Go a step further, and you can use a romer scanner to scan whatever bumper you want. Then scaling it would be easy. Print it, throw some filler on and prime/paint it!

It can get very expensive though. Those turbo prints was the first thing I did out of the box. I have since purchased several hundred dollars worth of upgrades and my prints are flawless now.

I have a 1/24 scale 2g Eclipse kit I started many years ago that I might have to start working on again. I was looking through Amazon for another one but couldn't find any DSMs... though I did find some Evos and even an old Galant GTO kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Hasegawa-Mitsubishi-Historic-Plastic-Model/dp/B07ZL4YYK8/

https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-300024213-24-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution/dp/B000LFWJY4/

Here's the one I have:

Hey Ludacris,
I build scale models too. I have the kit you have and started on it but haven't finished it yet. Since the Corona virus has happened, its a great time to start back building models again. I was trying to build a model of my car. I even found a good copy of the rims on my car. Heres a pic of where it stands as of now.

wasn't it a lot of fun tho...?

and cheap in terms of we are talking on a DSM forum... compared to modifying a car, its super super cheap!

I am very interested in doing some scale model stuff, now... curse you @Ludachris
If you were able to 3D print a factory 2G GSX wing, I'd be interested. The only options my kit has are... not OEM.

Just saw your listing. Pretty cool that you have what looks to be the same wheels

Once I am working on campus again I will see about scanning a 2g wing for your. I have a 2gb high rise, the low spoiler on the GS, and maybe a talon thumb nail hiding somewhere too.

I think I can turn the scanned point-cloud into a printable stl file fairly easily...

Not as good as I wanted, but it's a good shelf piece. I really need to get the DSM running again so I can give it a thorough washing and waxing. Maybe one day I'll take my toys out for photoshoot. LOL

I think my mother still has my 1/25 scale Tiger tank kit stored in her house somewhere, that I bought in , like 1986. I built models as a kid because working on real cars was out of reach. Now my “model” is a 90 GSX in 1/1 scale. I still use those old skills, though, since there are many little tasks I find that require artistic “reproduction “. Someday my car will be “complete”, and then perhaps another model.

Not as good as I wanted, but it's a good shelf piece. I really need to get the DSM running again so I can give it a thorough washing and waxing. Maybe one day I'll take my toys out for photoshoot. LOL

Whats wrong with your DSM?

Here's the one I have:

I got one of these and i also got the fast and furious one. Infact i got 2 of those LOL just incase i want to store one

Im currently building 2 cars, one is an R34 gtr because i cannot afford a real one LOL.

The other is a german car! (If you know me then this dont make sense) I hate german cars but.... Racecars are acceptable to some extent. So this is an audi DTM race car and i love the aero these cars have as it works so well and gives me lots of inspirstion so figured i would build one.

I dont have a huge collection of paints as its not something i got into so last week i had to order a bunch of paints from online to help with adding some color. I used some regular car paints along with model paints and its decent. Im not the best painter but is at least is not all 1 color LOL

Like Mech Addict said, I used to do them all the time as a kid. I had tons of different ones all across my room.

Now a day’s I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it... plus I’m pretty sure my wife would just make fun of me pretty hard for it. Maybe I can get my daughter into it when she gets older.

Im currently building 2 cars, one is an R34 gtr because i cannot afford a real one LOL.

The other is a german car! (If you know me then this dont make sense) I hate german cars but.... Racecars are acceptable to some extent. So this is an audi DTM race car and i love the aero these cars have as it works so well and gives me lots of inspirstion so figured i would build one.

I dont have a huge collection of paints as its not something i got into so last week i had to order a bunch of paints from online to help with adding some color. I used some regular car paints along with model paints and its decent. Im not the best painter but is at least is not all 1 color LOL

Looks sweet. You obviously have some skills. Building clean and precise takes some practice. I have around 800 unbuilt kits and about 65 built kits. Since Cov19 I started building again out of boredom.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back