The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Say something good about your car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Today I plastered a smile on my face along with 2 others. Running my car at 34psi on a dsm82. Ive got no questions or complaints, just want to say when you put in an honest effort on these cars they pull thru, literally. This is what it’s all about. My car is a BLAST on the street. I want nothing else. What has your car done for you lately? If she’s not happy your not happy LOL

Heck yeah man! To each their own, my car is basically everything I’ve ever wanted it to be, full weight, fast and sexy:hellyeah: I just wanted to start a positive thread about how fun these cars are when the stars line up right and they don’t break LOL

Heck yeah man! To each their own, my car is basically everything I’ve ever wanted it to be, full weight, fast and sexy:hellyeah: I just wanted to start a positive thread about how fun these cars are when the stars line up right and they don’t break LOL

It is awesome to have a fully together car that checks all the boxes! I was going to make mine a street machine, but I got tired of the interior pieces being so brittle and rattling, and mine is a salvaged title with some front end issues. I figure I'll tube front and rwd the red one, and use the white one to make a clean street machine since it's straight and clean titled and I can really do it right after learning some lessons on my red one, haha.

Funny thing is, it's been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned, which is not what I was expecting when I got into it!
I still need to up my power and get better at tuning (not in that order), but in the mean time, I'm just enjoying it whenever I can!

+1 on improving tuning, my tunes not perfect yet, but getting there, the idle is steady, afr’s are good and it doesn’t stall on decel anymore LOL, getting better and better:hellyeah: The reliability factor comes down to maintenance, I know that’s a cliche, but it’s just a car like anything else, you can’t knock a 30 year old part for failing, it’s easy for me since I pulled the motor and rebuilt it, fluids, belts, fasteners and gaskets are all good, I like what Jason Drew said, “the owners are the most unreliable part” LOL

As for my car, it wasn't the worst when I got it. But after some blood, sweat, tears, and lots of monies, I feel she's a good representation of what a dsm is. Fun, fast and damn good looking!

These cars had such a terrible reputation for reliability in the early days. I've been daily driving DSMs for most of my adult life; I've put over 100k between the two of them. I think those of us still caring for these cars some 30 years after the first one hit dealer lots have proven it's more about the owner than anything wrong with the car. Hell, these things have been remarkably forgiving of my mistakes. These cars WANT to run. They WANT to put a smile on your face.

Say something nice about it? My '96 in particular: she's always been there for me. Taken the neglect during my poor college days in stride. She's spent her share of time up on jackstands, but she always starts up when i turn the key, and she always gets me home.

Last edited:
Although mine are both being reconstructed, I gotta say that both of mine NEVER let me down in the performance department, ever.
My bone stock 13b auto car was taking 2010 Camaros out in our local 1/8th mile event and my profile car never lost a challenge, taking out local low 11 cars. Funny how you get used to driving a car that is such a MONSTER but still easily drivable if you just want to drive it.
I have to say my experience with my DSMs is very very addicting....and fun.
Since I have other DD's, these are toys for me and boy they sure make me smile. You can't replace that feeling!!!

I LOVE this community and comradery with these cars, I swear the older they get the cooler they become:hellyeah: Yesterday was such a fun day, that excitement of being on a new setup/bigger turbo, and finally breaking the threshold where it was before powerwise, that Holy S$%t moment is priceless LOL, especially when your passenger is a v8 guy LOL

She always got me home.
A b16g isnt a huge turbo by any means but it still put a smile on my face. In a roll it would easily hang with my B8.5 apr stage1 s4. From a dig, for obvious reasons, it stood no chance but whatever.
Even when I blew a coupler in half and was still on 2g maf, she got me across the city without complaining too much.
When I had a wonky TPU harness connector and it would randomly drop spark, it got me home. Until I finally diagnosed on the side of the road one day..

Sad that its down at the moment :(

Been with me since 2001. Working through my first solo clutch replacement. 40 hours into it and 8 to go. I’m not quick but I’ve been cleaning up the metal parts I took off as I go. It was time for new motor mounts too and I got a set that actually fit! Hoping it all comes together tomorrow and I get it adjusted and rolling. Couldn’t have done it without this community!

even though mine has problems and it came without a heart i gave it one even fired in the first turn of the key. i could walk out there everyday into my garage and not touch it but i know it'll always start and run and put a smile on my face when i need it to.

Between my dad and myself, we have owned our DSM since 1991. I basically grew up with the talon being "Dad's Race Car". There are literally too many memories to recall with the car. I honestly don't know what I would do without it in my life. It has grown to be a part of me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back