The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Saturn alternator having voltage issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guamboyeli

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2012
North las vegas, Nevada
I bought a 1gb talon, the saturn alternator took a dump after 2 years... so i replaced it but now it doesnt want to charge.. and its getting in the way of my tuning... idk if the previous guy wired it correctly...can anyone post their pigtail, so i can see whats connected... thanks in advance

I don't have quick access to the diagrams right now but have you checked your fuses. Common thing to pop a fuse when removing that nut if you didn't disconnect the battery first. Then another fuse for the input to the alternator.

The saturn needs one wire to run. To test- take jumer wire from battery pos post to alternator f terminal. If starts charging you got pigtail wiring/fuse to pigtail problems. To check if the big fuse is blown- check alt output directly at the alternator. One probe to alt case (ground), other probe to alt b (output fat cable) terminal. If charging there, then big fuse blown.

Or, *in rare and extremely odd cases*, check to make sure you have securely fastened the alt to engine block. AND tension the belt so it can actually spin the alt at idle. Then make sure the battery neg post has a (4 gauge or better) cable attached that actually goes to somewhere useful, like the transmission bell housing to starter bolt, for instance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back