The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

SARD blow-off valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackalopeTsi

15+ Year Contributor
May 5, 2004
Bristol, Tennessee
i am installing my gm maft soon and i dont like the sound of my modified 1g bov.(i have vented with stock mas, im sorry) but i want to know if anyone has used or heard this bov. is it anygood, i found it on ebay for 125 dollars, not a bad price, and it looks like it could discharge alot of air. im only looking at it because of its price.
can be seen here

i would also like to know about the blitz bov. on various websites it says max boost is 18 lbs, are there two versions of the blitz bov, because there is a single turbo supra running high 10s around here and he runs a blitz, and i doubt hes running less than 18 lbs of boost.

thanks

Does that thing lift off and fly into outer space??? Just kidding, i've never heard about it, i'd stick to popular brands if you don't like your 1G..(Greddy, or HKS)

Josh

i was just brouwsing ebay and i saw it, it looks pretty crazy, but i will probably,like you said, stick to the popular brands hks more likely, with the purple insert, not a big fan of the high pitched sound, but i saw a vid of one with that insert and it sounded nice. but does anyone have any info on this bov?

my buddie scott runs this bov. get in touch with him. i think his name is v8s_are_slow or v8s__are__slow. one of the two. when i drove his car i didnt hear a damn thing but he said it was tuned so it wouldnt leak boost. he said when he had it on his 2g it was pretty loud and sounded good tho.

hope that hleps

if your looking for a powerful sounding blow off valve instead of the high pitched greddy type s, i would look at Turboxs or the greddy type rs they are considered "ricey" on this page but i personally have the RFL with the MAFT setup and @ 15-20 PSI it makes a very nice intimidating sound almost as if your pushing 25-30 psi but if you don't want to be noticed then i would not recommend these BOV's

just a quick opinion....
Alex

if ## looking for something really loud...try the turbosmart megasonic BOV....the only thiNG its kinda pricy......held 40 psi without leaking and sounded 3xs as loud as my previous turbo xs RFL

dnhieu said:
my buddie scott runs this bov. get in touch with him. i think his name is v8s_are_slow or v8s__are__slow. one of the two. when i drove his car i didnt hear a damn thing but he said it was tuned so it wouldnt leak boost. he said when he had it on his 2g it was pretty loud and sounded good tho.

hope that hleps

yeah, when i had my SBR GT-13 on my car, it wasn't all that loud. but then again i've heard people say the spool was extremely loud although i couldn't hear a thing when inside my car (with external wastegate and loud atr exhaust) so maybe it was drowning out the sound. then i went to a smaller turbo (20g with TD06 housing) and i can once again hear the bov and it's nice and loud once again :D why it's louder with the smaller turbo i dunno. but i've been using this bov since about 1998. 1st on my 2g gsx, now on my 1g tsi. and a buddy had given it to me who was using it before me. still no problems what-so-ever and i love it. the only other bov i'd wanna go with other than this one would be a tial. as far as the Turboxs, i've heard of many many people that have had problems with leakage at higher boost levels (over 20 psi).

i am hoping to eventually run around 21-22 psi, if the car doesnt fall apart first, and i saw this on ebay.

i saw a picture somewhere where someone bought a kit that had the 1g flange and then a pipe to attach it too, anyone know where to find this?

if they dont make it anymore, my cousin is a welder and could probably fabricate something for me.\
thanks

i am hoping to eventually run around 21-22 psi, if the car doesnt fall apart first, and i saw this on ebay.

i saw a picture somewhere where someone bought a kit that had the 1g flange and then a pipe to attach it too, anyone know where to find this?

if they dont make it anymore, my cousin is a welder and could probably fabricate something for me.

oh and i just wanna say that i have the old sard bov. the one you're looking at is the new one. know nothing about that one other than it's from the same company. i just now looked at the link ya posted above so my post may not relate.

well as of last night i will not be getting a bov, or anymore parts for that matter, for my car, because i am now BROKE, because of Huricane Katrina, gas prices have gone up at least 50 cents, many stations in the area are empty. aand i wont have a job for atleast two weeks, if i get the job at all

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back