The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sand off the letters? (valvecover)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboBlue

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2002
Canton, Connecticut
Should i leave the cover the way it is, or sand off the letters and kinda polish them?

Attachments

• picture 002.jpg
    picture 002.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 961
First you steal my image of gunmetal rims CF hood and a blue car.

Thanks you steal my valve cover. ;) :D

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey, mines got sparkles, and notice how everything surrounding mine is original and rusted...and the stock UIP?, Oh and for some reason...the black sh1t all over my $118 NGK Wires :thumb: Just look at it as we both have good taste, thats all :D

I have also been debating about sanding and polishing the letters.

Originally posted by TurboBlue
Just look at it as we both have good taste, thats all

Of course. I was just messing with ya.

Any suggestions on cleaning the engine up, like exhaust manifold cover and what not?

Shave th while thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would sand them first and see what they look like, maybe try a brushed metal look first. That might actually look pretty cool with the blue.

I had mine (the orange one above) sanded with 150 grit and it looked really dull looking at it from an angle, like the angle you'd view it from installed on the car, so I ended up just working up to 600.

Still not "polished" by any means. I've been meaning to hit it with 1000 then 2000 to make it chromed out, just have bigger projects to do.

Im actually working on my spare valve cover, doing a silver metallic base and trying to source a good transparent smoke clear to go over the top of it (like night shades) then the trims will be plasti dipped and letters flat black :)

polished looks good. Be easy on it though, if it gets uneven it looks terrible.

Its a beautiful color. I accidentally painted my gst rims that color. I painted them gold but I needed a little more coverage so I ran to the auto part store and accidentally got burnt copper. Didn't realize until after I was done LOL. Love it though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back