The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

San Diego County DSMer Intro Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice to see the regulars still around here. I havent posted since I lost my 97 spyder 2 years ago XD. Now I am sitting on a 2011 spyder though so not quite DSM material these days. Just stopping by to say hi~

OMG... Those cars are disgusting LOL.... I know I can't afford one and all, but they look like EGG/OVAL cars! hahaha... ROFL

Whats the story on your old DSM :cry: :confused:

Good day. Ive had Dsms, since moving here to SD about 11 years ago, been using this site to buy stuff and some tech, but finally registered.

My name is Joseph, work for the government. ive always been looking for new ways to upgrade and fix my car.

currently I have a 1995 Mitsubishi mirage with a 4g63t swapped engine, components etc. most of the parts were from evolution 3 components. I have tried to complete this build for about 7 years.

some of the mods are:

Big 16g turbo
255lph walbro
SAFC
6puck clutch kit
K sport full suspnsion
brembo front brake kit
17in OZ racing rims/BFG tires
recaro evo 3 seats
custom harness bar
custom 3" full exhaust
koyo radiator
and probably some other stuff i am forgetting.

love the old school Evos, and of course a 2g eclipse fan too as ive had one before.

Looks fresh as hell, like it just came out of the factory! Show some pics of the rear! :thumb: Also very nice! Mirage with a 46g3T engine sounds impressive! :thumb:

Name: Los
Still drive my 95 GST.
I have the basic bolt ons, plus a 6bolt courtesy of RRE.

In the process of rebuilding the whole car for my boy. I have 5 years to complete it.
She is ugly but she still runs.

I do want to learn more about wrenching on the car, just work always interferes.

Name: Los
Still drive my 95 GST.
I have the basic bolt ons, plus a 6bolt courtesy of RRE.

In the process of rebuilding the whole car for my boy. I have 5 years to complete it.
She is ugly but she still runs.

I do want to learn more about wrenching on the car, just work always interferes.

Hi Los, I'm Arnie!

How old is your son right now? Got any pictures of the car?

Hi Los, I'm Arnie!

How old is your son right now? Got any pictures of the car?
He is 11 years old. I am debating though if i should give it to him, i finally have time and money to build the car like i want.

Don't have any pictures of the car. I'll take some tomorrow. Warning, she is ugly.

He is 11 years old. I am debating though if i should give it to him, i finally have time and money to build the car like i want.

Don't have any pictures of the car. I'll take some tomorrow. Warning, she is ugly.
Something to think about, I'd link to the thread so you could read it, however, it's in a forum you can't access so I just copy/pasted the post.

Yes, as the title says, my 16 years old son took my EVO 9 without my permission when I was away. It was wet and, and thinking he was Michael Shumacher, he took a turn so fast that he lost control and hit a curb. The car bounced and hit again and jumped over the curb. It then hit the inside of the wheel so hard it snapped the front passenger side drive-shaft! The car is now at the dealership for inspection and the insurance adjuster has no clue of what the car is. The body is not damaged but I won't know if the frame is damaged from the shock on the wheels until later next week. I am so pissed because it took me so long to find this one. It is an MR all stock with now 48K in mint condition. I bought that car from a Lexus dealership in Seattle and they did not know what they have! It is really very hard for me to try to find another one like that especially that I am in Canada and I have to compete against a lot of other buyers.
I am so mad at my son because I have always trust him and let him drive it. He also has his own car and I was helping him with the insurance and that how he pays me back. I am sorry I just need venting and say to those of you with teenagers to make sure that your kids don't have access to your cars.

Looking forward to the pictures of your 2g, ugly or not!

:dsm:

Something to think about, I'd link to the thread so you could read it, however, it's in a forum you can't access so I just copy/pasted the post.

Looking forward to the pictures of your 2g, ugly or not!

Here she is. After years of always being parked by the beach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 137
Hey guys, I'm Mike and I have been here in South San Diego about 3 years. I drive a 05 Galant and also own a 90 Eclipse GSX (don't get to drive due to being on jack stands). Soon to be on the streets though.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

As of now! On jack stands :hellyeah:

Name - Peter M
DSM - Purplish? 1997 Eclipse GST
Location - Firehouse (no, really, I'll know how old you are if you know this)

Finally got my GST running again after a very long and frustrating non-op period. I have my own dyno and play with the car as a test mule mostly because I design performance engine stuff. I won't bring up which company because I'm here to talk DSM really, and not want to bring work into forum politics.

Here's my mods:

2.0 4G63 (fresh short JEs, stock top)
Magnus SMIM, Q45TB (coming off soon)
16G FP Red (maybe?)
External WG (which one depends on which day)
AEM Series 1
Mototron 72 lb/hr injectors
Gas (for now)
Synchronic BOV
272 HKS cams (nice and lopey)
Custom FMIC
Swapping to EVO coils to pretty up the bay

Married, kids, busy, but making time to play, it is my job after all. May go out to Q since it is running again. I'm getting motivated about this car and engine again, after realizing the last engine was probably hurt bad when it came into my world. Is there a San Diego thread, or just go into regional?

hello guys just got my first dsm and moved to san diego so joining the forum I bought it cheap but its a work in progress will not look like this in a month

EPROM ecu socketed and chipped
Safc II
AEM Uego wideband
2g MAF
Greddy Profec specII Boost controller
255lph Walbro Fuel pump
2g fuel rail with AFPR
680cc injectors
2.5in intercooler piping w/FMIC
14b
2g Exhaust Manifold
o2 sensor housing with dump tube
7cm exhaust housing with 15-17psi internal waste gate
3in down pipe
3in Thermal R&D cat less exhaust

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Nice brother, Welcome to San Diego and the forums!

Hey yall just joined the DSM scene, Im runnin a worn out 95 GS, its a bit beat up but it works. Im in the El cajon area but travel to National City for school.

Trying to learn what I can and do most of the work myself.

Hello my name is Zack i'm 25 years old and I reside in El cajon. It looks like i picked up a car that is on this page the members name is twitch231. If you scroll up you will see that blue 1st gen GSX with the (ugly body kit). I traded one of my Nissan's(a 240sx) for it and so far what i can tell it may be a hard project to get running right, with that said if any of you know a good person/shop that know these motors like the back of there hand, I would like to pick your brain and see exaclty what options I have and what parts are what. Also I'm from the Nissan camp and work on Honda's aswell. I know those two like the back of my hand :) so if anyone needs help with those makes let me know and i can lend you a hand. I have a great set of tools so Im' down to help so i can learn more about these great 4g63 motors.

And Now onto pic's!

My whole collection

First is my 94 civic, It has a Ls-vtec(b18b block with a b18c (GSR) head)B16 pistons with a GSR transmisson, the compression is 12.6 to 1. also Intake manifold, intake, header, full exhaust and tuned on Chrome. Also has springs and a few other suspension goodies. She is fun and rather Quick for this basic setup.

Then i have my 1990 240sx this has a sr20 swap, 2871r Turbo, 72lb injectors, a Modded ECU by Jim wolf and alot of other mods (the list is long) That is an old picture and I don't have any current ones, its been lowered more and has been repainted so no more stickers(i was 22 and stupid). She is good for 330 hp at 22 psi with stock cams. With a decent set of cams like S3 or S4 cam's from Jim Wolf she would be right at 400 if not more.

The other 240sx in that top picture is mostly stock none thing special.

and Finally this is how that 1g GSX is sitting currently.

and her getting towed to my place.

So like i said if anyone would like to talk shop and tell me what is what with these cars i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading

That would be Kris (banishedmonk on here)

Anyways nice collection (minus the honda, never liked those LOL) and welcome :thumb:

Thank's for the welcome and no hard feelings about the Honda. I use to hate them as well! Until I was kinda challenged to build one to smoke one of my friends Integra. Long story short he was about 2 bus length's behind me when I was done. I was planing to sell it afterwards but the girlfriend likes driving it so its in my stable for good.

Welcome to the DSM club Zack. If you want some help or opinion from other members hit us up on SoCal DSM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/471447102891361/

Thanks for the welcome and I will join your group using my girlfriends Facebook, because I do not own a Facebook at this time.

Dang I'm running out of room on my nuts for anymore swingers

LoL, You have a PM.

Don't worry dude. Kris' nut sacks already got stretch marks from all the nut swinging thats been done since his move to San Diego.

When you headed back East (to Phoenix) Kris?

I hope you people aren't referring to me...I ain't swinging on his oil-stained nuts, just mentioning someone that helped me in the past with my car :)

Whats going on gents.
Name is Marius, car 98 GSX, live in Mira Mesa.

The picture was taken right after she got put back together. Shes a little dirty.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 138
Hi guys.. First off, im kim. Im actually posting more for my man then myself LOL. So i own a 95 white gsx and he rides a black awd talon 96. We've actually had our cars for a while, just not really a forum type of peeps. Anyway, my car is in the shop right now *sad* but if you guys got future meets in SD and what not.. I think we would be interested to go. We reside near national city.

Hi! Just moved here from New Hampshire / Maine. I am in the Navy as a Submariner, LAN System Administrator.

The car is a 92 Galant VR4. You can find this beast rolling around in the Point Loma area / Downtown area a lot. You can hear its 272 cams from pretty far. Parts page is here: #996/1000 | Galant VR-4 > Newbies | GalantVR-4.org Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Forum . Been working on it since June 2012. I am not a mechanic, but slowly I've been learning lots! I am majoring in Electronics Engineering and I specialize in Graphic Design. If anyone needs another photoshopper or inventor, that's me.

My car pretty much as all the performance I want it at, but I kinda neglected the safety side of things. I need help from someone locally to tune this thing via ECM v3. I need to stop wherever the oil is leaking from and eliminate anything else I overlooked. Eventually, I would like to put this thing to use at an AutoX or Track someday.

Thanks!

Knock Knock!! Is these thing still ON? I havent seen anything intersting or any activity since begining of the year? Kris? Gofer?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back