The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Salvage price

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tindall2006

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2006
Huntsville, Ohio
So, my talon was totaled out 2 months ago when a drunk driver rearended me, the car has a built short block, small 16G turbo and a few other little mods.
I have been at Drill Sergeant school about 20 hours away from this location and unable to deal with it.

My dad got notice that they are going to crush the car, and the total bill is around 1500 for towing and storage.

My question is, at scrap metal prices what is this company looking at getting for the car by just scrapping it? I would like this as ammo, in possibly being able to get my car and atleast being able to part it out.

My second question, since I am a little out of the loop, are used parts really moving at all in the market place? Should i try to invest my time and money into possibly getting the car and making some back, or should i just cut my losses and move on?

My 93 eclipse was totaled on Aug 7th. I had some pretty thorough coverage, and the accident wasn't my fault, so my insurance gave me a great settlement. I got more than the car was worth, but it was loaded with brand-new mitsubishi parts, 4 brand new Michelins mounted on pretty 5-spokes, and a LOT of perfectly good stereo equipment, so I bought it back from them. That took $250 out of my settlement check. I'm pretty sure that is about the scap value of the vehicle. After I stripped it and put a bunch of old parts back on it, I was (barely) able to drive it to the junk-yard. They gave me $100 for it.
If you have time, you may be able to part-it-out for more than $1500, but if it isn't loaded with high-buck parts, it probably isn't worth it.
You may be better-off cutting your losses.:barf::cry::ohdamn:

Sorry to hear this. If i was you I would take what ever i can off the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back