The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

safely boosting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guamboyeli

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2012
North las vegas, Nevada
have a 1g talon with stock internals. I just have bolt on stuff. But I wanted to know how much psi can i turn it up with out blowing the motor??? Thanks

Each car is different and so there is no definitive answer to your questions. Also, from the information that you have in your profile, I am not sure if you have the supporting modifcations for the T3 Turbo. Such as, do you have appropriate injectors to support that turbo and if so what size. Do you have a method for tuning your car? Without a complete profile, it is much more difficult to assist you.

To provide you with a better answer, the best thing that you can do it to go to other members profile's that have similar setups to you and see what kind of setups they are running. I am not suggesting you run the same numbers as each car IS different but it should give you some kind of idea on where to start.

I would also suggest that before you just turn up the PSI on your car, You make sure that all general maintenance has been completed on the car, You complete a boost leak test, and have a Wideband 02 before doing anything else.

bench racing ftw

could be as little as 8psi, could be as much as 500psi :D

it really depends on your afr's, how many counts of knock, and your motors state of health. A friend of mine ran 28psi out of a 20g, no problems. and then again i have heard of people blowing shit up with 16psi out of a 14b

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH

i have a stock 6 bolt with a 2g head, and i was fine with 22 psi with a 16g on pump, but that was last year. But yeah i guess what they are saying is a safe boost level.

bench racing ftw

could be as little as 8psi, could be as much as 500psi :D

it really depends on your afr's, how many counts of knock, and your motors state of health. A friend of mine ran 28psi out of a 20g, no problems. and then again i have heard of people blowing shit up with 16psi out of a 14b

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH

Obviously he has no clue, just giving him some sort of guideline.

well would you tell him "run 20 psi, you'll be fine" with absolutely no clue of the motors state of health, or the op's driving habits?
If me not wanting to give an exact number and instead give a general, somewhat helpful statement means im clueless, then :confused: :confused: :confused:
I can go more into detail if wanted op.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back