The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

SAFC Openport 99 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DearestNameless

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2010
Linton, Indiana
I have a 99 GST and I think from reading it has a flashable ECU. So here is my question. Is SAFC even worth it or should I just get Openport, Ecuflash, and Evoscan. Will this do the same thing and more? It is cheaper minus the laptop. How hard is it to flash and all that. Only thing I've flashed is a phone and some softmods on a Wii. LOL If you have anything at all you can tell me that would be great. Thanks! :D

start reading.....:thumb:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/347070-ceddymod-v1-ecuflash.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tun...first-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/311214-evoscan-ecuflash-tuning.html

this one might help out a bit as well, it is more for tuning an EVO but the general concept on tuning the 2G ecu should be the same.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/365306-evo-ecu-tuning-guide.html

my opinion ... don't even bother with the SAFC unless you are extremely timid when it comes to doing things like this or just want the bling factor. read up on the subject and try getting acquainted with the software first (you can download ecuflash and Ceddy mods for free and play around with the files without needing to buy the openport 2.0 adapter). also i would HIGHLY recommend getting a wideband if you don't already have one.

I agree, the SAFC was a big waste of time and money for me. I ended up just getting dsmlink.

Great info! I think I'll ditch the SAFC idea. I'm looking at a Laptop now for the Openport. Can I tune with all that software and not have to HAVE a wideband. On a budget ATM and a 190$ wideband is kinda out of the question. I have a glowshift a/f and boost gauge for now?

Great info! I think I'll ditch the SAFC idea. I'm looking at a Laptop now for the Openport. Can I tune with all that software and not have to HAVE a wideband. On a budget ATM and a 190$ wideband is kinda out of the question. I have a glowshift a/f and boost gauge for now?

tuning can be done without a wideband but not recommended... if all you did was stick to the extremely simple stuff and kept an eye on the vitals ( injector duty, knock, ignition advance) you could probably take it up a notch, just don't push it to far. me personally i wouldn't even bother with the glowshift A/F gauge all it is good for it a pretty light show.

tuning can be done without a wideband but not recommended... if all you did was stick to the extremely simple stuff and kept an eye on the vitals ( injector duty, knock, ignition advance) you could probably take it up a notch, just don't push it to far. me personally i wouldn't even bother with the glowshift A/F gauge all it is good for it a pretty light show.

Well right now I'm looking to max my stock turbo. So I think I'm going to get a 190 and a Openport cable. Then hopefully in the near future I can upgrade to a 16g and some Evo 560s. So until then I don't think I'll need much to tune with. Unless I'm wrong?

see im pretty much in the same situation, not to sure if i should purchase a safc, i am on stock everyting, just got fmic, gm set up, exhaust, and headers. i need a wideband, but am so unsure as to get the safc or not. i dont plan on getting to crazy with the upgrades yet, but have been told to get an safc to tune the A/F ratios. someone please help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back