The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SAFC+injectors or SAFC+fuel pump (on a budget)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizuster

Probationary Member
Apr 27, 2005
waterford, Michigan
So I'm trying to figure out my next step in the go fast world. Check my profile for upgrades. I was all excited for the DSMlink, injectors, pump, FMIC, whatever my little heart desired. But. . .

Just got the trans done at shep's. . . the phone call went something like this. . .

me "Hello"
Shep "yeah this is John calling about your trans"
me "oh yeah, how is it?"
Shep "well. . . there's only about 3 good parts left, I can't believe you actually drove the car all the way here!, I can only reuse the case, input shaft, and 5th gear."
Me " that sounds expensive"
Shep "$2369."
me "ouch."

So anyway, that extra cash I thought I was gonna have for parts, was completely absorbed in the shep build.

So, My question is will the SAFC and a set of 550 or 660 injectors work with a stock fuel pump? Or am I better off with the SAFC and the 190 pump, and just running the stock injectors over 100% duty cycle when needed with the SAFC? I can't afford to do both right now. I only have about $400 to work with, and that doesn't get all 3 things. Only two at best.

What do you guys think? . . .I can't imagine the SAFC and injectors would really be that bad on a stock fuel pump. Especially considering it still has the stock side mount, so I can't get to crazy with the boost anyway.

Thanks for any and all input. And I know technically I need all 3 together, but is there anybody out there making decent power on a stock rewired pump?

what i would do is run the SAFC and 550 or 650cc injectors and just run on very low boost and drive it easy until you can afford a walbro 190 or 250 fuel pump..you should be good by doing this

You would be ok with 190lph pump and an S-AFC. It's all I used to run. Just make sure to rewire your fuel pump as well. If you are going to run low boost like you say you will be fine. I was running 17psi on a Big16g and I was still getting knock but it was in the single digits. Just depends on how well you tune with it but you will be fine running a 190lph and an S-AFC.

well I have a 255lph with stock injectors...your saying it'll be fine to run if i just get a fmic and s-afc without getting the injectors...

Depends what you have for a turbo and what you are going to be running for boost. My Big16g was able to run 16psi with a 190lph pump, FPR and stock injectors with rewired pump and I ran hardly no knock. And when it did knock was when it heatsoaked and I just sprayed the IC and fixed that problem. But if you don't already have a FMIC and S-AFC then I would get the SAFC first and injectors next.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back