1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

sad twin turbo stealth

Posted by UPsasquatch, Nov 17, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. UPsasquatch

UPsasquatch Probationary Member

Joined Nov 17, 2019
    Chassell, Michigan
    Got lucky this summer and found a really clean 91 stealth rt turbo. Car is very clean no rust and ran alright when I got it. Inside is as clean as the out. Love the Fiji blue.
    It run great for a few months then one day I fired it up to 0 oil pressure and a noisy valve train. It ran for a minute at most and hasn't been run since. It has 84k original miles, no idea if it's ever had the timing chain or anything inside it. I plan on pulling the motor and putting it on a stand to see what's going on with it. If I'm lucky and it's the oil pump I'll probably throw new bearings in it and some fun stuff. If the crank is cooked and it's spun a bearing I'm really thinking about the 4g63 swap.

Ludachris likes this.
  2. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    Welcome. We had a recent request to open a 3/S swap forum:
    https://www.dsmtuners.com/forum/3000gt-stealth-4g63-swaps.267/

Maybe we'll see you in there posting some content. ;)

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM