The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sad news about a dsm driver in Plano, TX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow. My heart goes out to his friends and family. I can't believe the car was split like that. Street Racing is a NONO!!!!!!

That sucks. I wounder if it was a kid on here. Also what kind turbo or non. I think giving a turbo car to a kid makes it worse. I have one at 17 thats going to have 350 daily and i know i will be dumb. I dont want to end up like that though so ill only be dumb as in backing into something or maybe leaving my gas cap and gas door open. Sorry for the kids family.

It's sad to see that happen but at least he didn't hit a minivan full of kids or something. It appears to be a GSX to me because of the red/grey two tone. Looks just like my last GSX:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

P.S.-Fix your links, the .....'s don't link too well.

I know it's his own fault and street racing is a nono etc... ...but that's still heart wrenching to see. I hope the best for his friends and family.

holy crap, kid must have been going pretty fast to fold the car like that.

Never, ever, weave traffic. Or race on crouded roads, or race on any roads. Period.
Take it to the track.

Still trying to figure out how the mustang pushed it across the street and made it wrap around the pole like that. One kid said that he saw the driver die in front of him and he almost threw up. Seeing stuff like this is just a constant reminder to never street race. My heart goes out to this kid.....worst way to die.

RWKustoms said:
Still trying to figure out how the mustang pushed it across the street and made it wrap around the pole like that. One kid said that he saw the driver die in front of him and he almost threw up. Seeing stuff like this is just a constant reminder to never street race. My heart goes out to this kid.....worst way to die.

When you're going as fast as the police estimated they were going, it doesn't take that much of a nudge to put it out of control. Sideways into a pole at 70 mph can do that to a car.

Great now all the cops in the nation are going to be on the look out for "street racers." These stupid asses are the reason that I get pulled over and the cop keeps using the term street racer with me, and just gives them an excuse to harass people with modded cars.

Quasimondo said:
When you're going as fast as the police estimated they were going, it doesn't take that much of a nudge to put it out of control. Sideways into a pole at 70 mph can do that to a car.

Must have been one hell of a pole. I hit one head on at 100+ mph(fell asleep behind the wheel) and it just broke the pole off about 2' above the gound and my car didnt suffer that bad.

98eclipseRS said:
Great now all the cops in the nation are going to be on the look out for "street racers." These stupid asses are the reason that I get pulled over and the cop keeps using the term street racer with me, and just gives them an excuse to harass people with modded cars.

Cops in Plano are real bad now! I just passed 8 cops going to the other side of the city for a car meet.

GST_eclipse_95 said:
Cops in Plano are real bad now! I just pasted 8 cops going to the other side of the city for a car meet.

Its going to get bad all over the country anytime an accident like this happens because people can't control them selves and ruin it for everyone the cops are out on a mission to bust "street racers" which means anyone with a decent looking car.

i just posted this on my other forums it looks scary to see that..... sends tingles up my skin b ecause of taht..........cops started to crack down here...

I heard about that. Very unfortunate. My heart goes out to his family and friends...

GST_eclipse_95 said:
Cops in Plano are real bad now! I just pasted 8 cops going to the other side of the city for a car meet.

Now?
Plano is cop central. Always has been. :|
Especially that area - I feel terrible for the kid, but anyone in their right mind should know better than to street race in Plano :nono:

Natural selection.

Every time some dumb ass teenager goes and does something like this, my hobby becomes more and more suspect to the authorities. I don't need that. There is no difference between street racing and playing with guns. If you are f*cking around and shoot yourself, you have no one to blame, but yourself, and don't come crying to me when you get in trouble, hurt, or worse. You got what you deserved.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION FOR STREET RACING. PERIOD.

Personally, I think these dipshit kids' irresponsible parents should now get the financial burden of paying for the repairs to innocent's car and city property. People in this country need to start accepting responsibility for their own actions.

We all know that street racing is wrong and very irresponsible but we've all done this or something else that was stupid in our lifetime, luckily we're alive to learn from the mistake.

By the way...nice way of showing sympathy/empathy to this kid and his family after he died in such an aweful way.:rolleyes:

Very good point Brian. Me and Brett were just cruising Sat. night after HIN and some kid in a v6 Mustang rolled his car into someone's backyard and almost into there house. He was racing a Lumina we heard. There is one thing in common though. All of these accidents happen with kids that can't handle a car and go to fast for themselves. You usually never see a 700hp Supra or 500hp DSM wrapped around a tree. They know better. It's the Honda's that think they are fast and people that think their cars are invinsible. Feel bad for his family having to go through this because he couldn't handle that car. I personally don't think the street racing fines/fee's are strict enough.

Article said:
The black Cobra was weaving in and out of traffic going about ... 65, 70. The red Eclipse started racing him," Marcus Hinshaw said. "The red Eclipse hit the Cobra ... and the Cobra kind of pushed the car in front."

so lemme get this straight. a cobra is weaving in and out of traffic, a eclipse thinks hes badass and tries to run with him but hits the cobra, and then loses control and now the cobra guy is getting charged?

kinda unfair, its the eclipse guys own stupidity that took him down.

i love how these incidents turn into a "oh streetracing is for teh devil bobby bouchet!" threads. fact of the matter is we all do it and we will all continue to up until the day our cars are no longer controlled by us. crashes are just something that comes with the whole automobile thing. remember, speed doesnt kill, its hitting the im-mobile object that does.

Its a GSX -- note the independent rear suspension. Gray bottom came on GST and GSX at least in 1995.

Terrible tragedy. I do feel for his family and friends. Everybody makes mistakes -- his just had a really high consequence.

talonracn49 said:
Its a GSX -- note the independent rear suspension. Gray bottom came on GST and GSX at least in 1995.

Terrible tragedy. I do feel for his family and friends. Everybody makes mistakes -- his just had a really high consequence.

2g fwd's had IRS as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back