The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

sacramento raceway??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I never got my alternator so this badboy is sittin.

You still have the Saturn alternator, that should be good. My alternator is only putting out 11v on idle and 12's on high rpm. I'm going to run it tonight regardless.

Yeah but I have to pull it from the other car and rather leave it alone.

I think at this point if you are having those kinds of issues its time to rehaul your electrical system and either purchase a grounding kit or go to town replacing the wires. I know I did and got back all of my voltage on my other car. This one however suffered from the heat being so close to this damn dump tube.

I can't even drive anywhere or else I'd at least drive out there to pick up my spare I let Dave Borrow back in the day..

kilo not sure if i seen you out their but did you but think i might of were you running 14's?

Dave just left my house, its always great to catch up with good friends and converse with someone you really respect. If there is one guy around here that hands down I'd goto for advice its Dave. He ran his DD beater FWD 1ga Laser to a 12.7 on street tires and pump gas with the 16g and then drove Al (Kilos) car into the 11s, I believe an 11.7

That car has got a lot left in ti and congrats on the times brotha. You almost need that cage! Hahaha, lets get started..

What a memorable night for my family last night. My kids and I started rebuilding this car three years ago. Last night when the car ran the 1/4 mile. My whole family celebrated because we all felt a sense of teamwork and accomplishment. To be honest we never thought it will ever make on the track because of all the issues during the past few years. We all would have been happy with a 13-14 sec run, but we where shocked to see Dave do a 11 sec run. My son was jumping and screaming when he saw the results. The car was literally fresh off the trailer. The tires where set to 18 psi and my AGX where set on level 2.

Dave, thanks for supporting us all the way. Do you still remember sitting at my dinner table and my kids bombarding you with questions? We need to get together again and eat some Filipino food. Thanks again for helping us complete our project.

My wife told me last night she glad our project is finally over. I had to ruin her moment and told her we just started. Next time she will be there to watch and be with the kids.

glad i got to see u guys out there!
and congrats on the 11.7 sec run kilo!
i had a great time just watching your car go down the track! i cant to see whats next!

I have a video of your car but it's from an iPhone. I can text it to you if you want.

Josh can you swing by and help me figure out this TIG welder? After that running event, I would be more comfortable running with a cage.

What a memorable night for my family last night. My kids and I started rebuilding this car three years ago. Last night when the car ran the 1/4 mile. My whole family celebrated because we all felt a sense of teamwork and accomplishment. To be honest we never thought it will ever make on the track because of all the issues during the past few years. We all would have been happy with a 13-14 sec run, but we where shocked to see Dave do a 11 sec run. My son was jumping and screaming when he saw the results. The car was literally fresh off the trailer. The tires where set to 18 psi and my AGX where set on level 2.

Dave, thanks for supporting us all the way. Do you still remember sitting at my dinner table and my kids bombarding you with questions? We need to get together again and eat some Filipino food. Thanks again for helping us complete our project.

My wife told me last night she glad our project is finally over. I had to ruin her moment and told her we just started. Next time she will be there to watch and be with the kids.

Filipino food! Maaaan part of my family is from Daly city. We can all hang out, eat some pish and watch some DBDs oon the TB! (You will only get that if you have Filipino family or friends :p) Some Pancit and Lumpie for a nice side with Turon for desert?

I've been craving longanisa for a looong time! :cry:

I have a video of your car but it's from an iPhone. I can text it to you if you want.

Josh can you swing by and help me figure out this TIG welder? After that running event, I would be more comfortable running with a cage.

When are you free?

That was a great night at the track!

I got to run my fwd Laser and the top end speed was amazing. I ran against a Mustang, he got the launch and I reeled him in at the top of second gear. When I hit third gear I was gone! buh bye!

Alvin it was a pleasure to drive your car! It's great to see your kids so excited for the whole project. Your car was shifting flawlessly. I think the new shift cables and rebuilt pedal assembly were the icing on the cake. Sorry about the bogged launch, I need a little more practice with the type of stutterbox in ECMlink. I set up the stutterbox on my car so it reacts quicker. I think I must've written 20 different versions before I found one I liked, and each one takes a different technique. I guess running a 12.0 on a bad run isn't so bad? haha dry-bear needs practice.

Josh it was good to talk and hang out with you again. I always appreciate your insight. I had no idea we were out so late I got home at 2:30!

That was a great night at the track!

I got to run my fwd Laser and the top end speed was amazing. I ran against a Mustang, he got the launch and I reeled him in at the top of second gear. When I hit third gear I was gone! buh bye!

Alvin it was a pleasure to drive your car! It's great to see your kids so excited for the whole project. Your car was shifting flawlessly. I think the new shift cables and rebuilt pedal assembly were the icing on the cake. Sorry about the bogged launch, I need a little more practice with the type of stutterbox in ECMlink. I set up the stutterbox on my car so it reacts quicker. I think I must've written 20 different versions before I found one I liked, and each one takes a different technique. I guess running a 12.0 on a bad run isn't so bad? haha dry-bear needs practice.

Josh it was good to talk and hang out with you again. I always appreciate your insight. I had no idea we were out so late I got home at 2:30!

Holy crap my man, Sorry bout that, at that point you should have just stayed and drove into work in the morning. My house isn't much farther from FFTec than yours LOL. Any time you come out and end up staying late, you know where you can crash. :thumb:

Holy crap my man, Sorry bout that, at that point you should have just stayed and drove into work in the morning. My house isn't much farther from FFTec than yours LOL. Any time you come out and end up staying late, you know where you can crash. :thumb:

No worries and thanks for the offer. I enjoyed the drive back home, the freeways were empty so I kicked up the pace and let the car run. The Laser is a great high speed freeway cruiser!

Man, I want to kick myself hard for not checking tuners! Ive been wanting to go to the sac raceway all summer but never got a chance and then I missed this!! :( Is there any chance some of you are gonna go again? I would love to see some DSM's there. I just went to the Redding Drag Strip and it was really disappointing, barely any imports! If you guys wanna set up another date Ill definitely try to make it

That sounds good to me. I noticed that Sacramento Raceway has moved Test-N-Tune to Saturday noon to 4 and I'm off Sat so I plan to hit the track more in the next couple months. I just hope the weather holds! I want to try out a couple new mods and see how they work.

how many UTI DSMers are there? I am a wyotech DSMer myself, but the 96 just aint running right yet, and I am broke. Maybe sometime this year I will get it up. Right now the Check Engine Light is on, and it seems to be running in limp mode, gonna have to connect the vantage to it at school this week

when is the next time? I would like to try it out since Redding closed.

Just saw, next week. Is anyone going? And how strict are they and do they really charge 50 to race?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back