The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

sacramento raceway

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm92talonboost

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2009
sacramento, California
hey fellow dsm'rrs we should all get a night were we all head out to the track ans see what our cars will do!! i went out to the test an tunes tonight and their was only one tuner.. and it was a honda. i thin we should all get a night and go out and show them whats up!! maybe we couuld do a bbq before and go out and see what our cars can do! lmk if anyones interested and maybe we can make this thing work.

I sure do miss just going on a Wed. night if I felt like it to run. Sac' is a 12hr drive now.. :(
Loved running my Yamaha R1 too... do some 10 second runs, get 6 tacos for $3 at the Watt Ave. Jack-n-The-Box (any of the 3 locations) on the way home.. oh ya!

ok well after i get this motor mount and and my exhaust leak fixed lets go see what we run haha, oh i need to get a tactrix cable to so i can do a slight tune on my car

I will be at Sac running my car on the Wedneday night drag on Oct 5. I hope to see other DSM's that night.

ill tag along, but i dont know if ill run, cause this morning on the way to work i did a quick pull and my car seemed to studder or hiccup slightly, i feel like i have a boost leak and something else has to be wrong for my car to be studdering like that??

I was suppose to spend my weekend in sac and hopefully do a few runs. but father in law came up with tb and a infected bladder.

Last edited:
ill tag along, but i dont know if ill run, cause this morning on the way to work i did a quick pull and my car seemed to studder or hiccup slightly, i feel like i have a boost leak and something else has to be wrong for my car to be studdering like that??

did it cut out and like kinda throw your forward? or just kinda sputter?

are you sure its your synchro..... i bet ya you just have a bent shift fork. whats your problem?

are you sure its your synchro..... i bet ya you just have a bent shift fork. whats your problem?

Well when I first got the transmission and installed it one of the bolts for the shift linkage was broke so I drive around and messed up something. Since then second gear grinds going in unless I let it fall in or if the shafts match then it will go in just fine. And now first is starting to do it also. Sometimes reverse doesn't want to go in but I go from 1st to reverse then it will pop in. So I've wanted to get it rebuilt just don't have the money to do it.

is it fwd or awd?? i can rebuild it for you if you give parts an what not. so its only first second and reverse right? but it could be a synchro, or the parts that make the synchro like key's/inserts retaining spring worn out sleeve or blocker rings. than you got your shift forks. shit maybe your shift linkage just needs no be adjusted with that bolt it. but the only way you will need new gears/synchro's is if the dogteeth are rounded chipped or broke.

yeah i need a motor mount cause they got me the wrong one at checkers.... but ill get that soon but i also need a tactrix cable :(

If I pick this car up in time and the track is running I'll go, mainly to meet up with Dave but its suppose to rain..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back