The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G S90 throttle body install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristoph

Proven Member
Jul 20, 2015
mississauga, ON_Canada
Hey guys,

I recently came across a steal of a deal on an s90 throttle body and an old Magnus sheet metal intake manifold for my 1990 1g TSI AWD. I am gearing up for the install but first I need some more info.

1) Will all my 90 sensors work? (TPS, ISC, AND IPS) It appears the IPS sensor will not be able to attach to the s90 throttle body, and is replaced by an allen head bolt. Will this affect my tune/idle? What do I do with the plug (green wired)?

I have everything off a 92 TPS, ISC, ETC and feel confident about soldering in the new pigtails should need be, is this necessary?

The car is running so well I really want to eliminate the chance of it taking a turn for the worse, with the install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a 2g TPS it has the IPS built in to it unlike the 1gs.
The 1990 TPS will not work without clever ingenuity but no matter what you use, a pigtail will need to be made.

I have never messed with aem. however i dont think it even needs ips like the factory ecu. just slap a 1g tps on set open and closed throttle and go.

I don't have any experience with the AEM idle hardware either, but if you run the 2g TPS as mentioned it will work fine. You'll need a 2g pigtail (or a TPS pin at least, a 1g CAS pigtail uses the same pins) and 2g TPS. From there just wire up the black wire that goes to the IPS to the 4th pin on the 2g (or 1g) pigtail.

You can run a 2g tps on a 91-94 with no harness modification. Also the throttle stop switch is not needed on AEM. I leave mine disconnected with no difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back