The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

S366=864hp 641tq@33psi=165.44mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
After a few years of being down we decided to finish the car when we heard they were bringing a half mile event to colorado. While the event was a joke, we had fun and we finally got to stretch a car out for a change in a longer distance event. There was a lot of procrastinating so I was unable to get the car on the dyno until yesterday. Things took a while but it went smooth for the most part. One nice part we were finally able to prove what we all up here know i how hard it is to make power at our elevation. The English Racing cars were down 10-15mph from the last event they ran in california.

I had to hold the car back as we did not trust the stock rods any further. We also reached the end of our stock ignition. We turned the boost up, pulled some timing and raised the rev limiter for our last run shooting for 170mph. It was cooking for sure in 1-3 gear. At about 7500rpm in fourth the car nosed over and was blowing out the spark pretty bad even at a .016" gap and he had to get out of it. We by far had the cheapest car out there but, we the fastest amatuer car not built or sponsored by a shop.

The density altitude was 9575ft today as well. So a tough day for a lot of folks, especially the naturally aspirated cars. I am working on the dyno video and one from our 165mph run. I have a picture of our results though. We think the car should do 190-195 in the mile as it sits at altitude. We need more ignition and maybe a little taller tire though. Our goal of a 200mph mile car is not too far off it seems.

1989 Mirage
2.0L
Cheap off the shelf 8.5:1 Ross pistons
Stock connecting rods
Stock 1.8L Hyundai head with Manley springs
Doherty Racing cams
Dejon tool/homemade(modified) intake manifold
Stock ignition
Accel sprial core wires
Stock 90 throttle body
Knock off tial bov
Knock off tial wastegate
Silicone intakes water/air interooler
Borg Warner S366 T4/.91
Home built FWD tranny(open diff)
1650 blue max injectors
Magnafuel 4303 pump
Dsmlink

The car made
864hp 641tq corrected at 33psi
662hp 501tq uncorrected@5400ft

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/URL

After a few years of being down we decided to finish the car when we heard they were bringing a half mile event to colorado. While the event was a joke, we had fun and we finally got to stretch a car out for a change in a longer distance event. There was a lot of procrastinating so I was unable to get the car on the dyno until yesterday. Things took a while but it went smooth for the most part. One nice part we were finally able to prove what we all up here know i how hard it is to make power at our elevation. The English Racing cars were down 10-15mph from the last event they ran in california.

I had to hold the car back as we did not trust the stock rods any further. We also reached the end of our stock ignition. We turned the boost up, pulled some timing and raised the rev limiter for our last run shooting for 170mph. It was cooking for sure in 1-3 gear. At about 7500rpm in fourth the car nosed over and was blowing out the spark pretty bad even at a .016" gap and he had to get out of it. We by far had the cheapest car out there but, we the fastest amatuer car not built or sponsored by a shop.

The density altitude was 9575ft today as well. So a tough day for a lot of folks, especially the naturally aspirated cars. I am working on the dyno video and one from our 165mph run. I have a picture of our results though. We think the car should do 190-195 in the mile as it sits at altitude. We need more ignition and maybe a little taller tire though. Our goal of a 200mph mile car is not too far off it seems.

1989 Mirage
2.0L
Cheap off the shelf 8.5:1 Ross pistons
Stock connecting rods
Stock 1.8L Hyundai head with Manley springs
Doherty Racing cams
Dejon tool/homemade(modified) intake manifold
Stock ignition
Accel sprial core wires
Stock 90 throttle body
Knock off tial bov
Knock off tial wastegate
Silicone intakes water/air interooler
Borg Warner S366 T4/.91
Home built FWD tranny(open diff)
1650 blue max injectors
Magnafuel 4303 pump
Dsmlink

The car made
864hp 641tq corrected at 33psi
662hp 501tq uncorrected@5400ft

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/URL
Nice numbers! That S366 bw IS A BEAST!

Holy shit! 662whp at over a mile high?

Hey when you say "manley springs",are you talking about the regular Manleys? Super cheap single springers or do they make some heavy duty dual spring.
EDITED OUT... And whats your actual compression? Closer to 9.5 ya think or not that high?

S366 is beast for the buck, no doubt about it

Dual springs. No idea on actual. That shit is not important to us.

Is this an off the shelf borg 91/79(s366) or a bullseye s366? At roughly what rpm are you hitting full boost? I've been on the fence about buying a borg 91/79 for months now.

Sorry. It is single manley springs, it is an off the shelf 91/79.

The most shocking part of this has to be the standard old manley valve springs. IDK what kind of cam you have and what you rev to but its gotta be aggressive and the rpms gotta be over 8k.

It is somewhere between a GSC stage 2 and stage 3. It has been to 9250. But was set to 8750 for this race and bumped up before the end of the day to 9000. Will go back down to 8750 for our trip to the drag strip and see what happens.

Man you have by far the most impressive builds on budget parts ! Look forward to what you have in store for the future!

Mirage takes the win over the mustang :) unexpected much.

Dual springs. No ideA actual. That shit is not important to us.
Awesome results. awesome acheivment. Awesome car. Im sure you turned the heads of a lot of exotic and viper owners. I'd love to see you hit 195. There is a certain long distance racer on here who I would love to see visit this thread. I'm sure he would be very critical of your car and philosophy. Even though he has absolutely zero results himself to post.

Last edited:
If you are talking about chris/landspeedracer we see eye to eye and get along just fine.

You have to change your underwear after each pass.

[QUOT="biglady112, post: 153443193, member: 31835"]You have to change your underwear after each pass.[/QUOTE]
Haha i bet. I imagine that little mirage is a curly cue with all that power. It sure takes some big hairy ones to keep your foot down.

This is extremely impressive. I'm completely...dumbfounded.. that the stock 1G rods are holding this kind of power. Your tune must be immaculate.

After 15 years I hope I would have figured it out by now.

Last edited:
E85 from the gas pump.

What intake manifold with the 1.8L Hyundai head ? Great build :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back