The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

S15 Sylvia Headlight Conversion [Merged 11-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the weight that was reduced from the conversion would be the weight of the pop up structure + the weight of the pop-up motors. One draw back from this conversion is that now it is virtually impossible for me to go for a CF hood (considering I have a custom hood now). I'll have to go for a custom fiberglass hood considering weight issues.
I'll definitely make some time to do the write up. I've been kindda busy with work plus the car had some work done and I'm currently in the process of programming my new Haltech E11 stand alone, but as I said, I'll do the write up asap.

Thanks to all for the props.

Actually what took the most time was figuring out which headlights would correctly fit the conversion project I had in mind. I measured the original space I had after removing the pop ups and went to a local store that sells jdm used parts. There I found the S13 headlights and after measuring them I noticed they would almost fit perfectly.
The actual labour time for fitting the headlights was 2 days at the shop. That doesn't count the paint job of course.

Was wondering if you had any pics of the mounting and mods to the core support area? Also what center piece are you using between the headlights.

That was definitely my mistake, I never took pictures during the build up process. I'll try to take some pictures of the parts modified in detail and post'em asap. The center piece is a custom made part in fiberglass.

DUDE this car is basically perfect!! i cant stop looking at it!!.. ok ill calm down..

got any big high def pics that could be used for a desktop background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back