The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

S15 Sylvia Headlight Conversion [Merged 11-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats one CLEAN install, although I have never liked the look of boxy headlights, at an upward angle yours looks very good. Props for the clean install. I just can't bring myself to say that I like the look of boxy headlights, sorry. The hood and lights line up perfectly though.

Mad props on those headlights, is there a major dsm community in Lima ?

Saludos.

DarkstarTsi said:
ere are some pics of the car with the HID's on as requested before.:thumb:

Wow that looks so damn clean :thumb: Main reason I bought a 2G DSM is because I like the body style but your 1G looks so good, makes me want to buy a 1G and do this conversion!

The HIDs make it look even better, a perfect match as if they came from the factory like that LOL , I'm sure Peru has some DSMers but not as much as Honduhs! You probably walk on all the cars over in Peru ROFL not only you are highly modded but you have AWD :rocks: people are like WTF what kind of car is that!?!?

Injected said:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For those of you wondering, this car belongs to a shop here in NJ.. Auto Creations car club Intense Image.. nice looking car, or it was, it looks like it got hit in the rear or something when I saw it the other day.

From the 2002 season:

Injected said:

For those of you wondering, this car belongs to a shop here in NJ.. Auto Creations car club Intense Image.. nice looking car, or it was, it looks like it got hit in the rear or something when I saw it the other day.

From the 2002 season:

VERY NICE! I didn't like the sound of it before I saw the pic. You should definately post up some more pics, did you take pictures during the process?

Unfortunately, the only picture I took during the buildup is the one I posted before of all the parts welded together, right before the car went to the paintshop. I'll try to post some more pictures at different angles asap.

It's a very clean conversion, you can tell it took a bit of skill, congrats.
Part of me thinks it looks great, but another part of me thinks it just looks... off. I dunno yet. It does look a bit like the gvr4 front... I dunno... I'm still trying to figure out if I wanna do anything to the 1gb

Am I wrong or... did this post just got MOVED to the twilight zone!!! It actually got moved to a forum that doesn't exist. Take note moderators on where the posts are moved to:notgood:

Yeah, the only way i've found the appearance forum has been by searching by posts from myself and clicking on it from there.

I found a set for $150 at a local used parts shop. Prices are much lower than in the USA since I live in South America.
By the way I saw a few sets of these headlamps on Ebay a while ago. There are actually 3 varieties of the S13 headlamps. One with 2 rectangular headlamps in the unit, the set like mine that has dual proyector lamps and a rectangular fog light included and a triple proyector style headlight which has low and high beam proyectors as well as a proyector fog lamp.:thumb:

The bumper remains untouched, you just modify the side fenders (to fit the turn lights and match the hood) and do some mods on the hood to follow the line (more horizontal now) of the new headlights.

It almost looks like the 97-98 240sx/ s14 headlights would work easier on the 1gb. They have about the same shape. I have a few friends with 97-98 240's, i'll see if they'll let me pull one of their headlight/ cornerlamps out for a "test fit".

Actually doing the wiring of the JDM silvia headlights is really easy. The JDM's actually have the low and high beam proyectors wiring join into a single 3 pin plug just like our original H4's so it is almost a plug n play install. You just have to wire the foglights and the corner/parking lights. With the foglights I went the easy way and wired the cables into my original foglight setup. The turn/parking lights were also wired into the original connections.

As far as doing this to a 1gb car, i'd have to assume you can just put a 1ga bumper on the car, and continue to mod the fender's and hood. But the 1ga bumper would allow for the center grille to be put in without having to cut up the 1gb bumper

Saying it came out any less than perfect would be a disgrace.. this is a flawless conversion.. Every line is absolutely perfect imo.. it could not have came out any better. Great job man... props for innovation, work, and bringing it to the forum.. Im not sure who said it, but the guy on page 1 thought it was a photoshop.. I did too when the pic showed up a while ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back