The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

S-AFC and 2G mafs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodymandave

20+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2003
WisconsinUS
Hi-
i constantly see common settings for big injectors and the stock maf are always in the -minus range and was wondering if i got a freak setup or common by the settings ive gotten to on my safc with the 2g mas. they are all in the positive + settings. Is this common with the 2g sensor? would raising the fp up (set stock, but an adj. is installed) bring my settings down into a more normal range? currently im set at
idle=+15, then it tapers down to +9 across the board on lo throttle(20%)
then on the high setting board (80%)its +5 across the board..according to my TMO logger its in the ballpark. though my a/f meter always pegs middle green on full throttle. have a touch of knock too, and i put a washer between sensor and block.
Id like to hear from you 1g with a 2g MAF guys chime in. thanks for your time-
cheers
Dave

this is my set up-

91' GSX
JE 9.0:1 forged pistons
Block bored and honed .020 over
Polished and reconditioned rods
Balance shaft eliminator
Walbro 190 LPH Fuel Pump
Stainless steel oil lines
NGK Plugs and wires
Energy Suspension motor mount
Web cams 546/547 grind
Removed EGR, charcoal canister, and vac lines
550 CC RC Engineering injectors
Greddy Peak and Hold EGT gauge
SPI Boost Gauge
Autometer A/F Gauge
Liquid-filled Fuel Pressure Gauge
McLeod Clutch
Buschur 2.5" downpipe
A/C removed
K&N Air Filter
2G MAS
Dejon Tool 2.5" intake
Mitsubishi 16G turbo
Brode Upper Intercooler Pipe
Oversized Throttl Body Elbow
Oil Catch Can
T-bolt clamps
Apexi S-AFC II
ARP Head studs
Lightened flywheel
ChargedAir Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Every car will be different and every maf will be calibrated different, also since you are running higher compression, you will need to run richer.
Tune by the knock you see on the logger and don't worry about how your settings compare to someone elses.
Your's look fine based on your setup, but trust the logger.

man heres my setup but its weird. i have a 90 tsiawd and i have a 2g mas with all honey combs out and other mods are in my profile. my ne points are 1k,2k,3k,4k,4.5k,5k,6k,7k. for throttle low at 30% high at 70% for
lo settings
1k +47%
2k +43%
3k +40%
4k +40%
4.5k +40%

im still kind of breaking in my engine so i haven't floored it yet but my 550 at idle is at low fuel trim of 114 and goes to 118. i am almost maxed out on the safc the a/f gauge seesm to be ok o2 voltage seems fine just my low fuel trim. then when im driving and i accel to anythin around 50% at any rpm i start knocking so i thought it was my high settings so i made my high setting similar to my low settings and it still knocks.... it knocks till i let go of gas. my mods will be changing by end of next week but for now i was curious on why my car is acting liek this.

i saw in your sig you have a hks bov, your not venting to atmos, are you? if you are you could be getting a rich knock count ..
how much boost you running? i have run 22 before, but im running 18 on pump gas, but everynow and then it spikes at 20.
cheers
Dave

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back