The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

RWD Talon runs 9s on its first full pass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, that probably should have happened 15 years ago. :D

Here's another vid from a few days prior to the one linked above. This was with the WGs rigged up to allow boost to come down to 20-22 psi (normal minimum is 40-42 on the compound setup). These were the first clean pulls on the Holley ECU without misfires or other (unrelated to ECU) issues. Fought a year's worth of overlapping intermittent issues that were a nightmare to troubleshoot when I get 1 or 2 days a month to work on it. Hopefully get back on the track this Sunday to try this boost with some grip, and perhaps turn it up toward 50 psi or so. Slowly getting back to where it should be.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah, that probably should have happened 15 years ago. :D

Here's another vid from a few days prior to the one linked above. This was with the WGs rigged up to allow boost to come down to 20-22 psi (normal minimum is 40-42 on the compound setup). These were the first clean pulls on the Holley ECU without misfires or other (unrelated to ECU) issues. Fought a year's worth of overlapping intermittent issues that were a nightmare to troubleshoot when I get 1 or 2 days a month to work on it. Hopefully get back on the track this Sunday to try this boost with some grip, and perhaps turn it up toward 50 psi or so. Slowly getting back to where it should be.

Your username is now @Kevin Jewer

Usernames are so 2005. 😄 Well, at least for people like you who are very well known in the DSM community. Usernames tend to cause a disconnect between social media and forums, as people can't look you up here in the forum if they don't know your username.

I did end up running it again at our track rental on Sunday. Same 42 psi boost. It really wants to knock the tire off on the gear change, I had to pull a good but of power out of it in that area, but it ran a pretty good number on low boost. All the data looks good. I'm pretty happy with it. It's running well on the Holley ECU too. I'll try 48-50 psi as soon as I get a good chance.

Was just coming here to add that. This was on the Holley ECU. Same exact ET it ran on ECMlink, for what it's worth. 10.12 on the dragy, so likely another mid 10.0x (previously ran 10.04). HP was measured at 480 on that pass. No prep, water burnout. So close!

I hope so. About all I can do now is lighter driver and an inlet scoop to force feed the turbo a bit. Going to go retorque the head, check the plugs, and try again tomorrow.

I typically do 90 ft lbs every time. I just bumped them up to 100. Sometimes it's a bi*** to get the double o-rings settled into the thick copper gasket I run and it will take several retorques. Everything looked good in this case, I think it may have just been a touch overfilled on the water, so first full pull heated and expanded the water enough to spit out the excess.

Congratulations Kevin. Awesome to see your car in single digits and a Holley ECU, I need to see what those are all about.
Very happy for you my man!
Marty

Thanks guys! That was a fun side project for many years. I've always said that when I put the 16g on the car for shits and grins back in 2011, and got it down to 10.31, that was what made the car fast. I was stuck for years at 8.80-8.90, and after that, marched right on down to 7.90. Being compressor limited, where turning up the boost is not an option, makes you think differently about how to make the car faster, and I'm glad I did it. Good times. Today is basically a blizzard so I'm going to sit here and go over all this new data from yesterday.

Video here:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back