The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

RWD 4G63 Subframe mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^^^ yet, you left that out. And the problem is, this isn't a garage project, its a 3000 lb vehicle that is hacked apart and pieced back together that will be on the streets.

Wonderful , if you honestly care that much don't leave your house. I assure you there's plenty of DRIVERS to be concerned with never mind there cars for you to worry about with your spare time if you apparent have a hard on over safety. Besides the point ragging on his thread is not helping the cause.

Haha^^^

And when it does happen, it 'll probably just get welded back together. Structural integrity, what's that?

I wonder how they plan to weld the driver back together... the blunt trauma alone may even cause a coma... or at the least many vertebral subluxations of the spine... sorry I don't mean to lose you all with medical jargon, however I'm not one to deny you of your project op, so carry on, but do be careful you can easily weld and replace most all the worn parts on a car/frame, this is less likely to be the case with the human body...just something we all should keep in mind.

For the sake of being nice, I'll just assume that this is reasonably safe and you'd just like constructive comments. As much as the troll in me protests.

That being said, you should really fix the rear bars. Them tying into the middle of a bar tying the two rear struts together doesnt make all that much sense. They should look something like this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you were so inclined, I'd really consider at some point just looking at pictures of rally cages online and outright copying them. That's what I'd do if I were making a race car. Especially one with so much cut out of.

Allright f***o, you better back your sh** up right now. No where at all did I say that I thought this was safe.

In your post you stated that putting a cage on an "outrigger" is a no-no. That's NHRA legal, ass hat.[DOUBLEPOST=1408894494][/DOUBLEPOST]
You also better know who your responding to like that.
Bastard, haven't you been banned before for bein a Fu*kin idiot and thinking that you're smart? If i were you id just stop talking, because now, like then, you're still an idiot.

Allright f***o, you better back your sh** up right now. No where at all did I say that I thought this was safe.

In your post you stated that putting a cage on an "outrigger" is a no-no. That's NHRA legal, ass hat.[DOUBLEPOST=1408894494][/DOUBLEPOST]
You also better know who your responding to like that.

There were a lot of big words and hollow threats in that, did you hurt yourself coming up with it?

Also, where did I say anywhere that anything about this cage is nhra legal, or was even in the running to be looked at by anyone nhra related??? Because I can put money on the fact that no, count that, zero, cage inspectors would pass a single joint on this thing. Zero. Its built all wrong. The bars that should stay continuous are cut and jointed, there isn't much triangulation, zero support on the front end, the back end is all sorts of jacked up. .. anything else?

I throw out pictures, pointing out actual fail points in this design, poorly thought out design at that, then I'm the ass hat? You said "hey breeze, do you know how they put a cage in a car?" I showed you how not to do it by using the pictures in this very thread. And a few pages back I even posted pics of a tube rock buggy we built in our garage, full tube chassis, been rolled on its top about two dozen times. Just keeps taking the abuse with a thousand pounds of tire and axle mounted to it on each end.

Whatever your smokin, ill take some... because now your just clawing to prove any tiny little point thinking you are right...

Last edited:
What did you use to strip down the fender, or is it silver paint?
silver paint. In this picture the fender is just sitting there I just mounted both the fenders and am planning on getting the bumper on tonight ill post more updates soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1409695916][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited:
LOL you must put a blower on it i would love to see a 2g dsm with a blower

you know what would be worth all the money you are going to spend on this build 3.0 vr4 TT swap if your going to spend 10k which is on the low side. build something different.

Bodywork is very slow process... anyone have ideas for headlights i think it would be cool to run two pairs of projectors in retrofit housings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back