The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

RWD 4G63 Subframe mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The fact that your only 4k in the hole for a project like this, just proves how shitty it is. x2 on the go pro mounted inside for the first drive. Iv never been in a car thats fallen apart before, I wanna see what it looks like.

Unfortunately, for the people that want to see a go pro vid of the "first pass," that won't ever happen. For the simple fact it must first pass a track inspection... in which case he should be wearing a safety helmet with the camera attached to it.

Then you could hear "you guys were right"

Haha..4k and it's not not even running.. I have less then 4k in my beater awd and willing to bet it runs faster then that junk. here is one of the problems with the OP. He ask for help from us and he even contact me for help. Told him to come down to the shop so he could see what it should look like. as we have a shop full of cars getting cages and other fab work done. He didn't want to come down or listin at all.

Haha..4k and it's not not even running.. I have less then 4k in my beater awd and willing to bet it runs faster then that junk. here is one of the problems with the OP. He ask for help from us and he even contact me for help. Told him to come down to the shop so he could see what it should look like. as we have a shop full of cars getting cages and other fab work done. He didn't want to come down or listin at all.

the engine runs and the driveshaft is in all i need to do is finish the tunnel, breaklines, gauges, and electrical....

if youve already done it, i havent noticed. Are there any plans to put a firewall back in? Im not going to jump on the back wagon but, maybe you should reconsider some of the bracing in your design. I understand you have to start somewhere, but If that chassis is twisted already.. it probably isnt going to get any better handling...let alone safety. Ive seen worse than what you have been repeatedly fried for. It wasnt pretty but in a different kind of setting, they held up. Thats going to be alot of torque on that thing.. worse case you can knock out the glass and race in the dirt? Good luck man, I hope you get everything worked out for the better. Ive never seen anybody catch 20+ pages of hell. I think youre catching more hell then (clearing throat) obam@.

4K for a roll bar, 2 race seats, a ford engine, and wrongly built fabrication ????? And all that for a 16sec car !!!! Worse than an Honda ricer...

first off, its his car and he can do whatever he wants. He is obviously not going to give up as he as already started. Second, dont me so dang negative. Why don't you critique instead of calling it shit. Far as i know this is his first RWD build, of course its not gonna be the best. live and learn.

first off, its his car and he can do whatever he wants. He is obviously not going to give up as he as already started. Second, dont me so dang negative. Why don't you critique instead of calling it shit. Far as i know this is his first RWD build, of course its not gonna be the best. live and learn.

Well he did post it up on a public forum for everyone to judge. This is no one else's fault but his own that people are calling it shit, because it is shit. You sure can't polish a turd. I love the new mentality, everyone get's a trophy no matter if you did worse than anyone in the history of the world. Also there was plenty of critiquing from the beginning, than this guy didn't listen to anyone and did his own thing. He was offered advise from people who do this shit on a daily basis but decided not to take it.

Glad you came in to tell us how to use a forum.
Most of the posters in here probably couldn't care how it looks. It's unsafe. Period. OP can kill himself and others.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks... thats gonna need some crazy work to even look like an eclipse after the custom body work is done. Maybe im wrong and he measured everything right and can put eclipse fenders and a bumper on it. Just dont see it in the pic though

edit: ok, thumber a page or 2 back and saw different angles. MAYBE, itll have some form of a dsm's front end. Shit, i need to sub to this thread. Its insane.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks... thats gonna need some crazy work to even look like an eclipse after the custom body work is done. Maybe im wrong and he measured everything right and can put eclipse fenders and a bumper on it. Just dont see it in the pic though

edit: ok, thumber a page or 2 back and saw different angles. MAYBE, itll have some form of a dsm's front end. Shit, i need to sub to this thread. Its insane.
This is what i have been thinking the whole time. Look at the space between the tire and the frond of the door compared to a stock non mutilated car.

Moer 1x1 will fix that!

Maybe he can make some sort of frame out of some 1/8" round bar with a torch, and sheet it all in aluminum foil. It will be light weight, and have the structural integrity of the rest of the car.

Is this over yet??

So sad. Such pristine 1g to be hacked into this...

And to think, for the 4 grand plus you are into this pile, you could have a safer, faster ride with the stock 4g.

Rwd or not, can't beat faster and safer. And for 1/4 of the time you wasted.

Ride report soon? And assuming this can hit the streets, maybe a comparison race between you and a stock block 16 g fwd... oh wait, you won't pass inspection for the strip, we all forgot what a gem of engineering mastery you laid out.

Pics aren't impressive, bro, just one more shouldn't be street legal hack job on the books.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In every single side profile view the car looks like its sagging right where the quarter panel should be.

My prediction:

The problem is, when this does happen, the OP will not post pictures of the destruction. The shame will likely be very difficult to overcome. This thread will die without resolution.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back