The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G RVR manifold on stock tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie4G63

Probationary Member
Jan 12, 2020
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sup everyone very first post here I gotta 1995 GST . I got a motor from Japan and the motor came from a RVR (unknown if RVR or Evo but we’ll just call it a RVR ) intake with no EGR and throttle body as well . It’s connecting to the TPS easily , I’ve deleted evap lines as well and plugged up all unused vacuum lines and I also have a 1G CAS . Problem is car is having a problem staying on and idk if manifold is causing issue . Don’t know if anybody can help me out before I slap in my stock 2g manifold :idontknow: - Ronnie

I hate answering with a guess, but I don’t see it causing that big of a difference that it wouldn’t let the car idle. I’m not sure there’s a huge difference in between the rvr/evo and the 2g. Especially at idle. Now full throttle or mid range might be a different story.

Sup everyone very first post here I gotta 1995 GST . I got a motor from Japan and the motor came from a RVR (unknown if RVR or Evo but we’ll just call it a RVR) intake with no EGR and throttle body as well . It’s connecting to the TPS easily , I’ve deleted evap lines as well and plugged up all unused vacuum lines and I also have a 1G CAS . Problem is car is having a problem staying on and idk if manifold is causing issue . Don’t know if anybody can help me out before I slap in my stock 2g manifold :idontknow: - Ronnie
Just swapping the engine and intake manifold with JDM one shouldn't cause the issue if you install everything properly. Doesn't really matter if it's from an early EVO or RVR. So most likely your issue would be something else. You should describe a bit more clearly about the issue to narrow it down. And also some pics would be helpful.
First things first, make 100% sure if you installed everything back properly, timing, no boost leak, all plugs, sensors etc etc.

RVR intake is the issue you should sell it to me for $20 :) LOL

RVR intake is the issue you should sell it to me for $20 :) LOL
Price is right $21 :D

In my experience, a bad idle when playing with intake stuff, usually means a vacuum leak. Could be anything though, and some pictures would certainly help.

I have an RVR intake on my 6bolt/2g head with no issues. I am running a 1G 60mm throttle body with the TPS and IAC on it though. The only diff (I believe) between the RVR and EVO 3 intake is the placement of the vacuum nipple closes to the brake fluid reservoir and the evo 3 has a port for the EGR and the RVR does not. This might help https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/rvr-vs-evo-lll-manifold.376677/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back