The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Running terrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apckofllamas

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2012
Wellington, Ohio
I drove my car to work with no problems, she was running perfectly fine. I get off work and start my car and start heading down the road and i put it in second and around 20 mph the car is shuddering and sounding like absolute crapWTF i have no idea what is wrong with her so i figure i can get some helpful hints on here.

I'm glade you found your problem but if I may give you a peice of advice get yourself an AEM Wideband that way you can monitor your cars running habits when it runs properly and then you can tell when it runs worse what it idels at and how rich or lean your running.

it turns out my vacuum line going to my wastegate was disconnected and the inlet piping for my FMIC was also disconnected...quite weird if you ask me, i dont understand how that could of happened but im just glad it wasnt something major. Thanks ya'll for the help!

For future reference zip ties on troublesome vac lines help keep them on and check clamps on the turbo and IC regularly as these are under pressure and do/can come loose quite often..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back