The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Running Rough!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91Talon19

Probationary Member
Oct 30, 2011
Bobcaygeon, ON_Canada
So i baught a 91 Talon FWD. the guy i baught it from said it needs a fuel pump. but i got the car started and it will idle for about 30 seconds then die. if i try and give it gas it bogs out and dies. but i i press the gas pedal a quarter of an inch it will rev up to 7000 rpm nice and even. once i let off it will run rough and die. idk what todo. HELP! :|

It could be the fuel pump, check the fuel pressure to the fuel rail, check all the fuel system components. It could also be a bad TPS, maybe it has a major vacumm leak somewhere. Check all other sensors like the mas air flow, o2, cam and crank position sensors, crack ther ecu open to look for corrosion etc...
good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back